As the wrenches turn... Time to get boltin'!

wildhawker

Today was an interesting day... started with a bit of a letdown. Outlaw Power is backordered :icon_bs: on their filter elements, so no dice this week on the CAI. Best case, next Wednesday to my door. I love how this always seems to happen with air filters. I'm in the wrong business.

On the other hand... Called Corsa (apparently, the "reply" buttons on their many email addresses/PCs are broke) to get a part number for my truck, as it wasn't listed. Just wanted to make SURE I got the right one, you know how it is with "kits". They tell me no problem, PN#14240 for the Sport- and they can ship Friday. FRIDAY?! :banghead: Geeze, that's like four days from now! My instant-gratification urges unfulfilled, I called TByrne. Sale on the Corsa, and in stock and ready to ship tomorrow. Really now? How much is ovenight shipping? Call it bueno. Saved enough going TByrne that I had it overnighted to arrive Wednesday.

So...

Now that it's coming (I'm pretty worked up about this!), and the CAI is coming(I hope), mod #3 will be a PCM tune on the dyno, maybe the end of next week. I'll get a second PCM to tune on so I can have a stocker 'just-in-case'.

All that said: what would your three top pieces of advice be? I'm always curious to hear what those who have come before me and have 'been there, done that, got the t-shirt and an extra so when the wife complains that I wear it too much I can change it up' took away from their experience.

I must say, I'm thoroughly impressed with this forum. Lots of great folks here, and a wealth of knowledge, without a doubt. Thanks again for welcoming me here, and I appreciate all of your contributions.

Brandon

well that sucks about backordered parts. im like you when i have something in my mind of when i want it done and its going to be late i get made. also tbryne is a great place. tom is very helpful as is all his staff. there going to be my #1 stop shop from now. and post some pics of your truck

You'll really like the Corsa/Outlaw combo. The catback won't sound a whole lot different than stock inside the cab until you get your foot into it above 4000-RPM :driving: Major wood there :thumbs: The hardest part of the Corsa install is getting the old muffler out, I had to cut the tailpipe off. Make sure you retorque the exhaust clamps after the first couple heating/cooling cycles, then again a week later as a couple guys years ago lost their tips because of this. Also, WD40 helps when fighting the rubber grommets.

Mr. P. :)

You'll really like the Corsa/Outlaw combo. The catback won't sound a whole lot different than stock inside the cab until you get your foot into it above 4000-RPM :driving: Major wood there :thumbs: The hardest part of the Corsa install is getting the old muffler out, I had to cut the tailpipe off. Make sure you retorque the exhaust clamps after the first couple heating/cooling cycles, then again a week later as a couple guys years ago lost their tips because of this. Also, WD40 helps when fighting the rubber grommets.

Mr. P. :)

Thanks for the reminder on the heat/cool cycles... last thing I want to do is lose the tips after going through all this!

I'll make sure to have the Sawzall handy for the muffler removal as well.

Black2003, thanks for the heads-up on another recommended vendor- it's nice to have options. Back when wrenching was done on the old daily drivers ('70 Elky, '72 K5), calling Summit or Jeg's have having them both out of stock after I took the heads apart :withstupid: was not my idea of a good time... Then again, not my brightest move ever, either... always good to have options...

Congrats on your progress. A word of caution though. Outlaw has been stroking the customers about the availability of their cai. I cancelled mine weeks ago. Time to go homegrown cai.

Really? I will definitely check on this! Thanks for the heads up!!

:withstupid:

check www.autopartswarehouse.com for the lowest prices on Corsa...great people to deal with.

:withstupid: It took me over 4 months to get a refund from them when they billed my

CC for something I never bought. They suck in my opinion. :shakehead:

Definately try TByrne or StylinConcepts......... :driving: