TBYRNES... service comments/complaint

Yesterday (4/16/07), I called to get a quote on Corsa #14240, to which Carol (TByrne's office manager) gave me a price of $809.99. I requested a quote of shipping for overnight service, and after being placed on hold, the costs quoted were $96 for UPS overnight service. I later called back and placed the order with Holly. Today, I received the UPS tracking number, which showed the arrival date as 4/24/07... NOT overnight as requested. After calling and discussing this with Holly and Carol, they refuse to do anything except return the product with restocking fees added.

I could have bought this product with FREE shipping if I wanted ground service- I paid extra to get it expedited. Other shops had it cheaper, in stock and with FREE gound shipping... speedycarparts.com was one of a few.

All in all, I am serverely disappointed with TBYRNE Motorsports' service, honesty and business integrity. This will be my ONLY purchase from this company, and I'd recommend that you think twice before buying anything here. Sometimes you do get what you pay for... next time I'll gladly pay more and get what I ask for.

Edited by Holty
edited title to be more appropriate (see edit history)

well i think tbryne is great. never had a problem with them. did u make sure when you talked to holly that you said overnight? i say call up tom, hes a great guy and will try to help you. and just because you had one bad experience that can still be resolved dont go and trash there name saying piss poor service.

well i think tbryne is great. never had a problem with them. did u make sure when you talked to holly that you said overnight? i say call up tom, hes a great guy and will try to help you. and just because you had one bad experience that can still be resolved dont go and trash there name saying piss poor service.

1. I did explicitly request overnight service. As I stated, I could have purchased the product with FREE ground service; why would one pay for ground service when the option was readily available to procure it without shipping and/or handling charges?

2. I did call Tom, and was put on hold for well over 10 minutes.

3. I will allow for this to be resolved, and would prefer it, but the burden to work in good faith is upon TBYRNE at this time.

4. I am not trashing their name... their actions speak for themselves. I would never slander or libel anyone. My intent is not to defame, but simply to provide a warning to others using the factual first-hand experiences with said company as example of the justification of such a warning.

5. Obviously your experiences were better than mine. I applaud TBYRNES for their efforts on your behalf. It is, however, irrelevant to my current issues with TBYRNES.

Tbyrne drop ships his corsa products from the corsa factory in Ohio. The product probably isn't available until 4/23 and then you get overnight shipping, having it arrive on 4/24. Unfortunately, they should have explained this to you, but I cant imagine Tom not making it right. I had an issue and emailed them and it went unnoticed for over a week. When Tom found out, he promptly emailed me right back everythign was resolved. They have been in business for years, so they must be doing something right. On a side note, not to trash them after just showing support, not every vendor is the best place to get everything from. If you want a slp long block, stroker kit, cai, headers, an exhaust brand most others dont carry, or a supercharger package, tbyrne is a good place to go, but not the only place, some offer better pricing, better support etc.

I'll let you in on a little secret I knew about when I posted www.autopartswarehouse.com for you to contact and shook my head when you ordered from tbyrne for the corsa specific product only. See, autopartswarehouse is the largest corsa product distributor in the world. I spoke to corsa directly on this as the factory is only 40minutes from my house. I could have gone factory direct and picked it up including a free tour of the facilities, but they guy said I couldnt pick it up for two weeks because all they had on hand was to fill orders at autopartswarehouse. Autopartswarehosue gets their orders filled first and then the rest of the pecking order for CORSA ONLY. Honestly, there isnt much else I would buy from autopartswarehouse except for maybe plug wires, or a thermostat or something simple. They dont carry any long tube headers, they dont carry engine components like heads, cams, springs, etc.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

changed your mind?? i was going to say 2!idk. i think he should try to work it out more before going online and saying stuff. he has his say and came back with a great statement. but like black2003ss says they are droped shipped maybe they didnt tell him that and thats why its not until 4/24?

changed your mind?? i was going to say 2!idk. i think he should try to work it out more before going online and saying stuff. he has his say and came back with a great statement. but like black2003ss says they are droped shipped maybe they didnt tell him that and thats why its not until 4/24?

I understand and appreciate your perspective; typically, that would be my preference. After being told (by Carol) that the company had no intention of doing anything to make this right, I felt obliged to make it known.

As far as the shipping goes, they did not say it was a drop-shipped item, and said they were "in stock"... which, unless you state it is drop-shipped, would imply you "have stock" in your inventory. It did ship today, so I assume it came out of the TBYRNES warehouse- just with the wrong shipping method. Further, I would love to discuss this with Tom, and I have sent an email to him requesting that he call me. At this point, if they'd just match the out-the-door price with free ground shipping, I would feel better about this. At this point I have neither saved money or received the product faster, which were my original objectives.

Tbyrne drop ships his corsa products from the corsa factory in Ohio. The product probably isn't available until 4/23 and then you get overnight shipping, having it arrive on 4/24. Unfortunately, they should have explained this to you, but I cant imagine Tom not making it right. I had an issue and emailed them and it went unnoticed for over a week. When Tom found out, he promptly emailed me right back everythign was resolved. They have been in business for years, so they must be doing something right. On a side note, not to trash them after just showing support, not every vendor is the best place to get everything from. If you want a slp long block, stroker kit, cai, headers, an exhaust brand most others dont carry, or a supercharger package, tbyrne is a good place to go, but not the only place, some offer better pricing, better support etc.

I'll let you in on a little secret I knew about when I posted www.autopartswarehouse.com for you to contact and shook my head when you ordered from tbyrne for the corsa specific product only. See, autopartswarehouse is the largest corsa product distributor in the world. I spoke to corsa directly on this as the factory is only 40minutes from my house. I could have gone factory direct and picked it up including a free tour of the facilities, but they guy said I couldnt pick it up for two weeks because all they had on hand was to fill orders at autopartswarehouse. Autopartswarehosue gets their orders filled first and then the rest of the pecking order for CORSA ONLY. Honestly, there isnt much else I would buy from autopartswarehouse except for maybe plug wires, or a thermostat or something simple. They dont carry any long tube headers, they dont carry engine components like heads, cams, springs, etc.

You know, I must have overlooked this... talk about wishing I had paid more attention PRIOR to ordering... A belated thanks, and I will keep this in mind from here on out.

They did ship it today? Then it must have been in stock and it was sent via the wrong shipment method. I see tbyrne is watching this thread, I am sure he will correct any misinformation and service you properly, he's a supporting vendor, he will take care of you.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

We ship 99% of our Corsa orders, they aren't dropshipped. Not sure where that rumor came from.

I was on a long late day call and heard some conversation about your order this afternoon. I was last to leave today but Carol mentioned your order when I talked to her this evening. She said you asked if the system was available and you were told yes. UPS had already picked up yesterday so you asked if it would ship the next day (today). You were told yes. Next day air shipping would have been about $400. so they would have remembered a shipping quote like that. There aren't many people that pay that much for shipping but some do. Carol's computer locked up so Holly took the order. In the end she read the order back and noted ground shipping for $96. You asked her if it would ship the next day (today) and she said yes. I wasn't part of those phone conversations so I can't say first hand. Holly confirmed this info. I'm thinking maybe when you asked if it would ship next day you were thinking it would ship with next day air. I don't know. Sorry if there was miscommunication but I didn't handle this order. I'm not sure where the lack of honestly comes in here. We didn't lie, steal or try to cheat you. I believe you hung up while waiting to speak with me and then put up this post. Don't know what else there is to be done. I will be out for most if not all of tomorrow. Carol can take care of you if anything else needs to be done. I'll be talking to her at some point during the day.

We ship 99% of our Corsa orders, they aren't dropshipped. Not sure where that rumor came from.

I was on a long late day call and heard some conversation about your order this afternoon. I was last to leave today but Carol mentioned your order when I talked to her this evening. She said you asked if the system was available and you were told yes. UPS had already picked up yesterday so you asked if it would ship the next day (today). You were told yes. Next day air shipping would have been about $400. so they would have remembered a shipping quote like that. There aren't many people that pay that much for shipping but some do. Carol's computer locked up so Holly took the order. In the end she read the order back and noted ground shipping for $96. You asked her if it would ship the next day (today) and she said yes. I wasn't part of those phone conversations so I can't say first hand. Holly confirmed this info. I'm thinking maybe when you asked if it would ship next day you were thinking it would ship with next day air. I don't know. Sorry if there was miscommunication but I didn't handle this order. I'm not sure where the lack of honestly comes in here. We didn't lie, steal or try to cheat you. I believe you hung up while waiting to speak with me and then put up this post. Don't know what else there is to be done. I will be out for most if not all of tomorrow. Carol can take care of you if anything else needs to be done. I'll be talking to her at some point during the day.

<br><br>I can understand miscommunications, as they do happen. What I don't understand

is when one states that nothing can be done, and (implied) that my only recourse was to

not accept delivey and be charged a restock fee (stated). As I said, at this point, if you would just

match out-the-door pricing and meet me half way I would feel much better about all this. <br><br>Carol asked me if I

wanted 2 day or overnight, I stated overnight. That was the whole reason for

ordering through you and not Corsa- you had it in stock and could ship ASAP,

whereas they could not. <br><br>At this point, this is a "he said, she said"

situation, one which one one wins. I think it would be fair and equitable to meet me half way here; I think, if nothing else, it is a reasonable

enough proposition.<br><br>I appreciate your response and your time. I look forward to hearing back from you on this. <br><br>Thanks,<br><br>Brandon Combs<br><br><br>

Both sides of this story have been heard. I don't feel that leaving this thread open any longer will bring any further benefit to anyone so i'm closing it. please take this up with tbryne in person. now that you voiced your complaint and Tom has replied, there is no further discussion publicly that needs to take place. thanks.

josh