truck shakes at speed...

ok... my truck seems to have a pretty good shake when i reach 55-65 mph... anything under or over that it is fine... i have tried it on smooth roads so i know it is not the road. it has been doing this now for about a month, but i never noticed or thought i was on a bumpy road... i have not done anything to the suspension...YET. please advise... thanks...

(ss clone 5.3l SC) (24" rims)

how long have you had your 24's? are they balanced? had em rotated recently? can you feel it through the steering wheel or in your seat and floor?

- 6 months

- they were balanced when i bought them yes

- rotated about 2 months ago?

- seat and floor... good call on that one...

linkage?

bushings?

muffler bearing? (heh)

- 6 months

linkage?

bushings?

muffler bearing? (heh)

If it was either of the front wheels you would feel it through the stering wheel. Think it could be a betn wheel on the rear? It would have to be bent pretty good for you to notice it :dunno:

- 6 months

linkage?

bushings?

muffler bearing? (heh)

Did the vibrations start not long after you rotated the tires? Maybe one of them lost a wheel weight during the rotation? :dunno:

Did you check the U-joints on the driveshaft?? If the rear U-joint is really sloppy, you will hear a clunk noise going from park to drive gears or Neutral to drive gears...

thanks for the help and suggestions, wody was right, it turned out to be the wheels and tires... truck runs smooth now... tomorrow i am getting the new suspension package - sway bars, hopefully the shocks too.