cell phone question

brobradh77

I am wanting a new cellphone I bought a Razor Jan. 06 and it is too slow and Verizon wont let me upgrade with special pricing until Nov. of this year. What I was curious about is if I find a new phone on E-bay how does that work? Do I just call my provider and transfer my # to the new phone with no other hassles?

Thanks never done this before and was wanting some good info before I pursued it.

I am wanting a new cellphone I bought a Razor Jan. 06 and it is too slow and Verizon wont let me upgrade with special pricing until Nov. of this year. What I was curious about is if I find a new phone on E-bay how does that work? Do I just call my provider and transfer my # to the new phone with no other hassles?

Thanks never done this before and was wanting some good info before I pursued it.

If you buy a new phone that has a takes a sim card u just take urs out of the razor and put it in the new phone and bam, old phone off and new one works with all ur info and number. Just one thing make sure u save all ur numbers to the sim, its an option when u save a contact number, it will ask u " save to phone or sim", save them all to ur sim so then u dont have to inut them into ur new phone they move with the sim card.

Verizon does not use sim cards... I beleibe you can do it but it has to be a verozin compatible phone, i. e. one without a sim card . Once who have th new phone i think you just take it to verizon and they can transfer your account to the new phone...

Verizon does not use sim cards... I beleibe you can do it but it has to be a verozin compatible phone, i. e. one without a sim card . Once who have th new phone i think you just take it to verizon and they can transfer your account to the new phone...

O my bad I didnt know that verizon doesnt use sim cards, they are a bit behind i guess huh, as am i on their phones....lmao

I just had the same situation a month ago. I have a contract yet with my phone company (Alltel) for another 8 months, but my phone took a crap (actually my wife washed it in the washing machine... go figure.)

I purchased my new phone off of e-bay, took it to the local alltel guy, and they swaped out the ESN on my phone with my new one. I wasn't even charged a $35 activation fee. The only thing you have to do, is make sure that the phone is setup for you phone provider (Cingular, Sprint, Alltel, etc.) Also, make sure that the auction reads that it's a new phone or at least has a clean ESN.

what is ESN? Thanks I did not know Verizon does not use a sim card so if I go to ebay and choose a phone by provider I should be ok as for the ability to switch phones.

ESN is Electronic Serial Number... It's an 11 digit number found on the phone, usually behind the battery.