Concrete All Over My Car

cwest94

Just as the subject says. I have concrete splattered all over the side of my car, and on the roof as well. My car was parked out front and we had a new sidewalk put down today, the concrete was not supposed to be put down till tomorrow, so thats why my car was out front and I was at work all day.

All of the concrete is dried up, nice and hard. I have no idea at all how to get this off my car without doing any damage to the paint. Here are a few pics:

P4191259.JPG

P4191260.JPG

P4191261.JPG

P4191263.JPG

So I need any help on getting this off without doing any damage. The sad part is that I was going to detail my car this weekend and now not sure if I can now do so.

Oh, in case anyone is going to say go after the person who did the sidewalk, I cant, he is family and is a all around good person who would do anything for anyone in need.

Just as the subject says. I have concrete splattered all over the side of my car, and on the roof as well. My car was parked out front and we had a new sidewalk put down today, the concrete was not supposed to be put down till tomorrow, so thats why my car was out front and I was at work all day.

All of the concrete is dried up, nice and hard. I have no idea at all how to get this off my car without doing any damage to the paint. Here are a few pics:

P4191259.JPG

P4191260.JPG

P4191261.JPG

P4191263.JPG

So I need any help on getting this off without doing any damage. The sad part is that I was going to detail my car this weekend and now not sure if I can now do so.

Oh, in case anyone is going to say go after the person who did the sidewalk, I cant, he is family and is a all around good person who would do anything for anyone in need.

I had a similar situation last summer... It cleaned up fairly easily -- but I washed it off right away. Concrete guy felt so bad about it, that he offered to have the truck repainted. I FLEW to a car wash -- pressure washer wand type. Then, when I took off all the chunks, I went through the regular touchless wash. I was nervous, but it came right off. I would try a pressure washer with LOTS of water. Whatever you do, DON'T rub it. That will definately scratch the surface.

Good luck - :happysad:

Thanks for the advice. I just got back from the 'do it yourself' car wash place and kept blasting away till all the concrete was off. With the hard water jet blasting away at it, I was supprised to see it lifting right up off the paint, even though that sat on the car for several hours out in the sun.

There is now a dry looking residue on the side of the car, I guess this will come off when I get around to washing it on satruday, so I hope I'm in the clear now. I am not SO HAPPY I drove the SS to work today or that would of been covered instead of my car.

Dont you find it funny that when your shopping around to trading in your car, thats when everything you can think of happens to it?

Peace. :cheers:

That is one reason to keep all your cars and trucks waxed. Helps with stuff like that. I'm glad everything worked out just fine... bad scare though. Gone through that with the darn township, they like to blacktop my road without letting people know along side of the road.

Is he family by blood or marriage, just curious, lol.

^^ no, the blazer was at his home when this happened... if he had driven the S-10 the SS would have been where the Blazer was and it would have had the concrete on it... :thumbs:

silverss2007 and I knew that ... really ... :jester:

You wanted your SS to get covered instead of your blazer? :confused:

silverss2007 and I knew that ... really ... :jester:

LOL, sorry about that, that was a typo on my part. It should of been that I was SO HAPPY that I DID take the SS to work. :) When I got home yesterday and seen that all over my car, I went into shock. Thank god it came off with the pressure washer, I'll wash it real good tomorrow and get my buffer out and detail the sucker.

I'll have to admit, it's been nice driving the SS these past few days, I've really gotten use to it and dont want to park it now. Yesterday when I left the gym some guy in a standard silverado yelled "chevy trucks" out the window at me, I found that to be funny.