headlights

pimp ss

got another warning for blue headlights the other night so now i have to take my clear lights to work everyday and switch them out at night on my way home i asked him about the taillights and he said they were fine because they strill shine red and i put on the line of fire under the tailgate

post-6481-1177132009_thumb.jpg

post-6481-1177132019_thumb.jpg

musta been the "blue light special" from k-mart.

or maybe he went to the HOUSE OF BLUE LIGHTS to see that texas band ASLEEP AT THE WHEEL.

seriously though blue lights on a vehicle are reserved for police. thats why it is illegal to run them.

I am pretty sure its illegal because it limits visibility. People roll around with 12000k hid that is pretty much blue/purple. (looks like a UFO coming toward you.)

Pimp...your hardcore man. :thumbs:

Cant believe you will go to such lengths to roll around with dem blue lights!

IMO its not worth it. I would change them out with some clear headlights with clear corners, I think it would look a lot better.

:withstupid: , i'm trying to do clear corners too, but layinlow77 won't answer his pm's about doing it anymore. i talked to him a while back about it, but now he won't replie. :banghead: i'll have to find another way to amber delete.

:withstupid: , i'm trying to do clear corners too, but layinlow77 won't answer his pm's about doing it anymore. i talked to him a while back about it, but now he won't replie. :banghead: i'll have to find another way to amber delete.
  1. Buy a sheet of clear/white plastic light diffuser panel at Home Depot or Lowes (replacement plastic lens for large flourescent fixtures)
  2. Disassemble the headlight (separate the clear polycarb lens from the black housing)
  3. Place yellow lens in oven at 150-200 degrees with piece of plastic diffuser over yellow lens, the white plastic diffuser will 'droop' to form itself into shape over the original yellow lens
  4. After cooling cut/file/shape the new plastic diffuser to the same shape as the original yellow lens
  5. Reassemble lights (seal with 1/4" bead of black silicone)
  6. Enjoy.

Mr. P. :)

IMO its not worth it. I would change them out with some clear headlights with clear corners, I think it would look a lot better.

i have a set of all clears i might be selling.

im keeping my blue lights because if i go with the clear ones then i will be just like the rest of you right now i would like for you to show me even one more truck like mine im all about being different i show it on the weekends and i dont want my truck to look like everybody elses it only takes one minute litteraly to change the lights out and yes the light shines very blue