Finally took pics of my truck

johnny5th

Looks good. I need to get mine waxed!!

goood lookn SS, i like the bed cover

the red truck looks awesome just needs some shiny stuff on the tires

i love the bed cover and when you wax the truck be sure and spray some tire foam in the wheel wells in the front after you wash them

Gotta love Texas :chevy:

There's nothing better than spring in Texas. tx_patriot.gif

Mr. P. :)

What stuff do you guys use for tire shine? ive tried a few different products, and they just made a big mess on the wheels and my paint even after drying all night long

i seriously need a foamer/power washer... i'd wash it a lot more

the red truck looks awesome just needs some shiny stuff on the tires

i love the bed cover and when you wax the truck be sure and spray some tire foam in the wheel wells in the front after you wash them

also, the insides of my wheels gets a ton of gunk in there... will that come off with some wheel cleaner of some sort? its a pain in the ass to take off with the blue corral i use to wash the truck

Gotta love Texas :chevy:

What stuff do you guys use for tire shine? ive tried a few different products, and they just made a big mess on the wheels and my paint even after drying all night long

i seriously need a foamer/power washer... i'd wash it a lot more

also, the insides of my wheels gets a ton of gunk in there... will that come off with some wheel cleaner of some sort? its a pain in the ass to take off with the blue corral i use to wash the truck

i use meguires tire shine that you rub on and i dont spray anything in my wheel wells but i have never washed my truck in 63000 miles without washing and drying in the bed under the hood and in the door jambs and in the wheel wells i just get a cheap scrubber from wal mart and scrub the hell out of the wheel wells on dirty cars if they are real bad go to the car wash and use the degreaser and high pressure in the wheel wells not sure how well you can see in my wheel wells but here is some pics the reason my truck looks so high in one of these pics is because i had it jacked up painting my calipers and i had not rolled it yet to settle it back down

w_SSCalipers1.jpg

w_SSCalipers3.jpg

w_SSCalipers5.jpg

w_SSCalipers2.jpg

...What stuff do you guys use for tire shine? ...also, the insides of my wheels gets a ton of gunk in there... will that come off with some wheel cleaner of some sort?
I had the same result with the Meguires tire shine, had that shit all over everywhere; I use Zaino tire/rubber cleaner and love it although it takes time to use it right, and it's not really a 'shine' but a cleaner. Wheel wells, I simply wash with soap & water; trick is to make sure you wash your truck every other week, if you let that stuff build up it becomes a chore to clean. If you have asphault or tire residue in the wheel wells then first wash with soap & water then go back over it with a bug & tar remover, let soak for a few minutes and it should wipe off without scrubbing. Avoid scrubbing, let the chemical work for you so you don't ruin the finish.

Mr. P. :)

Edited by misterp (see edit history)