one year anniversary!

usabodyguard

no one here knows me outside of a few members but i thought i would share this just the same...

me and my fiance celebrated our 1 year anniversary a few days ago... not our relationship anniversary... but this...

my fiance gave me one of her kidneys in a transplant operation last year!

i had been on dialysis for 3 years waiting for a donor and she came along and offered to give me one and were we were a perfect match... how crazy is that??

and no i am not old... i was only 34 when my lazy ass kidneys decided to stop working... i have always been in great shape all of my life in fact i went to college on a football scholarship, graduated in 1995 and got picked up by the NFL... i was invited to Raider camp but got released becuase i completely dislocated my knee during a game and had to undergo extensive surgery... i tried to come back from it, but no team would take the liability... btw i am 6'8" 295lbs... the kidney thing was a hereditary but now i am doing fine and back to normal.

sorry for the life story, just glad about the anniversary!

That's a cool story. :thumbs: Although, the knee part sucks... I know all to much about knees. My strength was always in my legs (lineman/and a little fullback most of my years in football and lacrosse in college,) and blew out my knee and had to have reconstructive surgery. Knee has never been the same ever since. I feel pain in it just about every day now.

Congrats on finding such a cool gal! :cheers:

yea i am very blessed with this one... she is by far the coolest, kindest, giving person i have ever met... i mean NIGHTLY back rubs without even ASKING!!! No bs...

and she NEVER bitches about the money i blow on my money pit... hey ladies... you should take some notes and make your man happy... heh.... (i know im gonna get some shit for that one...)

actually the long version of the kidney story makes most people cry... it was actually aired on a the radio last year on valentines day.