I would like to keep stock bose

What would you guys suggest for the sound system in the SSS. I really like the Bose system with the 6 disk changer but I would like to add some more bass to the truck.

Should I go with an aftermarket deck or keep the bose and throw in some 10" subs.

Also, is there a way to keep the stock receiver and go with siruis without having the external sirius receiver dash mounted?? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kenny

What would you guys suggest for the sound system in the SSS. I really like the Bose system with the 6 disk changer but I would like to add some more bass to the truck.

Should I go with an aftermarket deck or keep the bose and throw in some 10" subs.

Also, is there a way to keep the stock receiver and go with siruis without having the external sirius receiver dash mounted?? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Kenny

You can keep the deck and add a sub and amp no problem. there are several adaptors out there that will do this for you. if you like the bose then keep it. not a problem, as for sirius, yes you can change that over. the part is made by DEI and is the SIRGM1 like 120 bucks, also you can use the factory XM antenna if you are decent with a soldering Iron.

if you need more help lemme know. and BTW, I have the parts needed to get this done if you are interested in it. PM me is the best way to get me to answer as I dont look at too many threads again.

Thanks

Kenny

I added an amp and two 10" subs and it sounds pretty good. If I did it over I would probably go with two 12" subs for deeper bass. I got my two 10" MTX 8500 subs for near nothing off eBay. Last years model when I bought them for like $120 shipped. They retailed for $199 each or something like that. I got a 900 watt kenwood amp that hits pretty hard and got it off eBay also. So I got plenty of thump for very little cash. I had to use an adaptor but that didn't cost much.

I added an amp and two 10" subs and it sounds pretty good. If I did it over I would probably go with two 12" subs for deeper bass. I got my two 10" MTX 8500 subs for near nothing off eBay. Last years model when I bought them for like $120 shipped. They retailed for $199 each or something like that. I got a 900 watt kenwood amp that hits pretty hard and got it off eBay also. So I got plenty of thump for very little cash. I had to use an adaptor but that didn't cost much.

How much did you pay for the amp and were do you get the adaptor?

thanks guys. sounds like thats the way to go.

onyx - where did you get the tinted billet grill for your truck (i saw it in your sig) that is nice. i wanted to go billet on my truck but i was thinkin its almost too much for my taste. but those tinted grills are awesome

How much did you pay for the amp and were do you get the adaptor?

I can't remember but I think it was a little over $200 for the amp. Retail was like $400 or $500. Someone on the site posted a link for the adaptor and I used that. You should be able to find the adaptor on the web.

Here is the adapter I bought and the place I bought it: http://www.logjamelectronics.com/pacaoemgm24.html

Only problem I had was the Bose system (and radio) trigger off 6V and my amp won't trigger off 6V, so I ran a relay (which triggers off 6V) to my amp to turn it on and off.

thanks guys. sounds like thats the way to go.

onyx - where did you get the tinted billet grill for your truck (i saw it in your sig) that is nice. i wanted to go billet on my truck but i was thinkin its almost too much for my taste. but those tinted grills are awesome

lol, its not tinted, im guessing you like the look of the black on the grill, sorry bro but it was just the lighting of the picture, but what you could do is get a regular billet grill and powder coat it black, or maybe semi-black, or maybe they even sell it like that already

Someone else wanna chime in on this

-Onyx

• 2 weeks later...
Can you use a normal line out converter or do you need the PAC adapter?

Good question. I don't know if the stock head unit is running hi level out to the Bose amp and if it is, I don't know what kind of power the stocker puts out.

The PAC converter really isn't that much $ and it just plugs in.

May be a lil late to reply but i will anyways...I had 1 12 and a factory bose unit...it sounded OK. I had to buy the line out converter and tap into some existing speaker wires...later on i replaced the factory deck with a Sony GTX-500 and it sounds AWESOME. My music is an extremly big deal to me so i want to get the best sound possible...if you replace the factory deck then you will get a much better sound. Then if you like the cd changer ( personally i prefer the ipod) then you can get decks with cd changer controls and then buy 6,10 or 12 (etc) disk cd changers and be better off in my opinion. If you replace the deck with one that has true sub preouts your going to get a much much clearer and better sounding system. By the way...this is just my opinion ...lol