new guy

new guy here, dont have a ss truck sorry guys. lol. i have a 2007 silverado 1500 with a 4.8. it my toy hauler. very little mods done to it, tinted out windows,20 inch rims,a a cia. looking to make some more tq. i tow a 24ft enclosed car hauler. but my other toy is my 1967 nova, large cid small block chevy. once i get use to this forum format i can post up a couple pics. just wanted to say hi to the truck forum comunity.

front of my nova

post-11255-1177394358_thumb.jpg

post-11255-1177394462_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the site! While most members have an SS, there are many who dont, myself included... but the group has been more than friendly and I have learned a great deal of information in a small amount of time... this site is an extremely valuable source of knowledge and connections.

Nice nova! Do you have any 1/4 et's you can post?

as far as torque there are a ton of different options... a custom tune would probably get you the most bang for the buck follow by your basic bolt ons - CAI, Exhaust. I would recommend getting an HD shift kit from Zippy or someone close by... trannys in these trucks need help to say the least.

and one last peice of advice... before you ask any indepth questions, be sure to search the forums as most people all have the same questions as the people before them... these boards have covered just about every aspect of these trucks and more, so poke around. :thumbs:

well, my nova on motor goes 10.36's. and on da jug...well im a street racer so let's just say i hope u bring enough. im not a whole out there person i keep to my self and lerk. i am a certified and liscened state/ASE mechanic. but i hate working on people junk. so that why im finishing up my schooling as a michinist. a little info about me. thanks for the welcome, and i will poke around and read for a while. just had to get my first 5 post in so i can properly introduce my self and my name known.

kyle