tranny stays in 1st too long

So it doesn't happen that often, maybe once every 3k miles or so, but sometimes it just stays in first until it reaches about 4500 no matter if I'm on the gas or let off. I've read this before and searched a couple keywords but mostly come up w/ crap... I'm trying to figure out if its something i should ignore since its not that often and otherwise acts fine or, switch pcm's and bring her in before I purchase a shift kit?

Mine will do the same. Maybe once every couple months it'll hang in first forever. Stop at the next light, take off and it shifts normally. Can't figure it out. Never brought it up to the dealer. Figure I'd get the " could not duplicate problem" response.

Yeah i have same problem every once in a while the first time it did it, it freaked me out cuz it was shortly after i got it lol. I know all about the could not duplicate problem they did that to me on my cruise control and mirror compass. Bastards!

mine was doing it also, dealer said there was a bad solenoid in the tranny. they replaced the valve body assembly under warranty and have not had a issue in 30,000 mi.

:seeya:

:withstupid:

It's a solenoid problem, but mine was doin it all the time, and I didnt have a second gear :nonod: It ended up costing me 1700 to fix, but I put some extra stuff in :devil: .