this a good deal?

sonickoolten

2004 extened cab blue, with chrome wheels leather seats keep in garage 18,300 miles in really great shape. 28,000 or OBO

how much would u all offer on this whats kbb and nada on it? im thinking of buying it really want black but cant find any that are in this good of a condition.. its stock or so it looked... its in alaska let me know tnx

Dude...That is WAYYYYYY to much!!! You could get an SSS for less then that..Hell if you could find a classic SSS they go for around 28-30......NEW

:withstupid: Way to much... Can almost get a brand new one for that price

Private party according to KBB

Excellent

$26,505

Good

$25,100

Fair

$23,265

Dealer pricing

Excellent

$28,585

I would offer them Low(23K) and work your way up to the most you want to spend...

its private... i guess they just wanted the most out of the vehicle but ill start at 21k and work my way up.. but it is alaska (zip 99506) shits so much more expensive up here.. its funny the chevy dealers dont even carry any ss's up here cuz they are all 2wd now and they know 2wd vehicle (espcially a truck) dont sell well up here...

its private... i guess they just wanted the most out of the vehicle but ill start at 21k and work my way up.. but it is alaska (zip 99506) shits so much more expensive up here.. its funny the chevy dealers dont even carry any ss's up here cuz they are all 2wd now and they know 2wd vehicle (espcially a truck) dont sell well up here...

Those are the quotes for Alaska. I can see it more costly there... Good luck an hopefully you will have a SS soon... :cheers:

this is what NADA shows

Clean Trade-In, Clean Retail Value

Base Price $19,800, $22,950

Options:

4WD (Std. SS, 2500 LD Ext., 3500 RC) $2,650, $2,950

Aluminum/Alloy Wheels (Std. 1500/2500LD Crew, SS, Ltd., Performance) $250, $300

Bose Stereo System (Std. LT, SS) $275, $325

Leather Seats (Std. LT, SS) $425, $475

LT Pkg. (Ex. 1500/2500LD Crew, SS) $2,175, $2,425

Power Seat (Std. LT, SS) $200, $225

TOTAL PRICE $25,775, $29,650*

* This Retail price is based on a clean vehicle history report. Don't make a $29,650 mistake. Get a Vehicle History Report today.

Well IMO the plus are that it is very low mileage; the neg is that it is now out of warranty. And that is what I would argue with the seller, that it's not worth $28K because it's now out of warranty. Even considering your location I would say $26K, assuming that the truck is *mint*.

Mr. P.

Edited by misterp (see edit history)

Look at it this way - you can buy one off eBay somewhere on the west coast, fly one-way and drive it back to AK for $25K total. I would not offer much more than that, the low miles are nice but a lot of trucks in the lower-48 with 40K-miles are in just as good of condition.

Mr. P.

Keep in mind too that I have usually found NADA to be about 2-4K higher on most prices verses KBB. If you're trading in a vehicle always argue NADA. If you're buying, especially private sale, KBB is your friend.