Driveshaft

I got a 03 silverado 4.8, 4L60E, M30 and my hanger bearing is squeeking. i was wondering if i could put the ss driveshaft in if it is a one piece shaft. would the angle into the tranny make a difference? and is this a good idea?

thanks for your thoughts.

it is an extended cam short box. same wb as the SSS. dealership said that the SSS driveshafts came with both one and two piece shafts. mine is steel. i am going to check how long mine is after work. i know the one piece SSS is 63 1/2" weld to weld.

Edited by Mung Man (see edit history)

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say yes, I do think that they'll most likely interchange; your motor/trans should be the same lengths as the LQ9, I would be stunned if they (and hence the driveline length) weren't the same.

Mr. P. :)

ps - if you can take a string measurement from the bottom rear lip of the tranny tailhousing to the flange (or, lip of the pinion housing) I'd be glad to do the same so you can compare...

Edited by misterp (see edit history)

Will do mr.P. coolblue....it is a 2wd.

the wheel base may be the same BUT you have no tcase in there so your shaft will be longer. dealer was going to replace my rear drive shaft do to noise coming from the rear end, i think they stated that there was 3 different length drive shafts for the 03. 2wd 4wd awd. for the same wheel base.

:seeya:

the wheel base may be the same BUT you have no tcase in there so your shaft will be longer. dealer was going to replace my rear drive shaft do to noise coming from the rear end, i think they stated that there was 3 different length drive shafts for the 03. 2wd 4wd awd. for the same wheel base.

DOH!!! :banghead: You're right, I forgot all about the transfer case. Sorry, rookie move. :yellow_loser:

That's what I found while looking those up.