LT's

slyder7

while i was out yesturday i was sitting idleing and i could hear a ratlling sound.......i drove for another 15 mins and then the engine light came on, i am assuming my cat is blown.

so i guess i am deciding on replacing the cats but i thought maybe i should replace the headers and cats at the same time.........

then i read all the posts on the headers there are two i like

the supermaxx..........they come with the high flow cats but to get the headers coated i am looking at around 1500 all said and done

then there is the balengers i have watched horespower episode where they testested all different headers and the try Y were the best design for torque and HP improvements.......that being said i have found them for 1095 they are all ready coated but then i still need cats. while reading some other threads i think i read somthing from Tbryne that said there is a part number for the cats system that goes with the supermaxx that being said may these can be ordered seprate and be made to work with teh balengers...

i am just confused what i should do.......any help would be appreciated.

(i have purchased high flow cats from my muffler shop before and the blew out in a year on a different truck i dont want to run into the same problems.)

Magnaflow makes hi-flow cats. Doug Thorley used to make a lot of tri-y stuff... to me, they were just average PITA headers to install.

With so much that's positive written about the Dynatech's, how do you go wrong there? Full setup with cats for $1500 coated? 6 of one, half dozen of the other. By the time you get the appurt parts, either way you'll be right there cost-wise. Which do you like better?

i guess thats the problem they both interest me.......i will not be putting a SC on for a while so i dont want to loose to much bottom end torque, which i think the balengers would be better for.......but the supermaxx do seem to be the number one choice by most on this site.

thanks for the reply

Aaron

The big thing with the Dynatech's are that they are a true bolt on system. I've heard that they are pretty easy to in stall, as far as headers go. The only drawback that I can see, and it's probably minimal, is they are a 1 3/4" primary into a 2 1/2" collector. Alot of guys are running these on supercharged trucks with good results, so it may not be THAT much of an issue.