Engine Rattling or Truck Shaking... Should I be worried?

westside_riddah87

Alright, so this morning on my way to work i had open highway in front of me so i decided to floor it and once i got close to 105 mph i felt a slight shaking near the front of my truck. Has this happened to anyone else and should I be worried about this? I drive a NBS VortecMAX Rwd with stock 20's. Thanks :thumbs:

Alright, so this morning on my way to work i had open highway in front of me so i decided to floor it and once i got close to 105 mph i felt a slight shaking near the front of my truck. Has this happened to anyone else and should I be worried about this? I drive a NBS VortecMAX Rwd with stock 20's. Thanks :thumbs:

sounds like maybe it was your truck not allowing you to go over 105mph

did you continue to punch it and your truck would not go over 105mph?

nah i eased off the accelerator because i didnt want anything bad to happen.. it just rattled for a quick second and that was it.. it still wanted to go though because i was only at 4000 rpms

wow! where do you live?? i want to live there too... with speed limits of 105mph that is awesome... yea i am pretty sure these trucks are designed to go in excess of 100mph especially stock... you should call the dealership and ask service why your truck shakes a little over 100 mph... i am sure they get calls on it daily...

ok, all sarcasm aside... it could be any number of things... tire balance, road conditions, etc... and unless you regularly travel at that speed... i would make sure this a problem isolated to high speeds, if not, take it back to the dealer and warranty it...

wow! where do you live?? i want to live there too... with speed limits of 105mph that is awesome... yea i am pretty sure these trucks are designed to go in excess of 100mph especially stock... you should call the dealership and ask service why your truck shakes a little over 100 mph... i am sure they get calls on it daily...

ok, all sarcasm aside... it could be any number of things... tire balance, road conditions, etc... and unless you regularly travel at that speed... i would make sure this a problem isolated to high speeds, if not, take it back to the dealer and warranty it...

I live in california and stock my limiter was at 90 but since i got superchips it eliminated to some point i havent reached yet. :driving: Think it could be my 20 inch stock rims and tire rating?

Edited by BLACK07VMAX (see edit history)

I live in california and stock my limiter was at 90 but since i got superchips it eliminated to some point i havent reached yet. :driving: Think it could be my 20 inch stock rims and tire rating?

i had the same problem, but not at 105... mine was between 55 - 65 mph only... i had my 24"s road force balance before i upgraded my entire suspension to belltech front and rear sway bars and a new set of BT shocks... after the road force balance i had no issues with the shake like you mentioned. but at 105 mph... it could be anything really... wind, road, i would say be careful at those speeds as our trucks arent really rated to drive so fast. You might want to get your tires checked for balance at the dealership but dont forget to UN-TUNE your truck or esle the superchips tune will be lost forever... as i am sure you know. Many dealerships simply plug in the ecm to check it and they usually flash it to the current updated stock tune and there goes your $350 dollar tune.

if you intend to get after market rims, dont be cheap and get BS rims and tires... quality is important, especially if you plan on driving at those speeds... dont get me wrong, my truck is supercharged and i drive fast, but i have done a ton of mods to support that speed - suspension, gears, transmission mods, SC, etc... you want fast and reliable? be prepared to spend some greenbacks.

what part of CA do you live in... i am in ventura county near LA...

i had the same problem, but not at 105... mine was between 55 - 65 mph only... i had my 24"s road force balance before i upgraded my entire suspension to belltech front and rear sway bars and a new set of BT shocks... after the road force balance i had no issues with the shake like you mentioned. but at 105 mph... it could be anything really... wind, road, i would say be careful at those speeds as our trucks arent really rated to drive so fast. You might want to get your tires checked for balance at the dealership but dont forget to UN-TUNE your truck or esle the superchips tune will be lost forever... as i am sure you know. Many dealerships simply plug in the ecm to check it and they usually flash it to the current updated stock tune and there goes your $350 dollar tune.

if you intend to get after market rims, dont be cheap and get BS rims and tires... quality is important, especially if you plan on driving at those speeds... dont get me wrong, my truck is supercharged and i drive fast, but i have done a ton of mods to support that speed - suspension, gears, transmission mods, SC, etc... you want fast and reliable? be prepared to spend some greenbacks.

what part of CA do you live in... i am in ventura county near LA...

oh really im border line oc and la counties (near 60 and 605 freeway) when i did this i was on the 60 freeway headed east hahaha.