First Track Time for the SSS

04SSAWD

Went to the track on Sunday. Not sure what the level is but it was about 85 degrees and no wind. Made three runs and they all looked like this to the thousandth. Just for info I took over drive off and stalled to 1500.

60 ft-------2.27

1/8th et---10.02

1/8mph---71.20

1000 et---13.04

1000 mph-80.20

1/4 et-----15.640

1/4 mph--86.99

I'm a little dissapointed in I wasn't lower into the 15's. I'm completely stock except for a flowmaster cat back and I was at full weight(hitch,spare etc) with a 3/4 tank of gas.

I'm VERY consistant but do these times seem kinda slow to anyone else? I know it felt like I was trying to push a brick through sand after the 1/8th mile.

Yeah my truck stops working that last 1/2-track too, it really feels a lot faster than it actually is. A CAI & tune will really help your performance all the way around, both off the line and top-end, at least you'll be trapping around 90-92 mph then.

Mr. P.

Edited by misterp (see edit history)

The tune is def next on the list. I can't figure out which way I want to go with the truck as far as N/A or a blower. I'd love to be able to click off some 13's and look stock under the hood. Kinda funny how I swore I was going to leave the truck stock :crackup:

The tune is def next on the list. I can't figure out which way I want to go with the truck as far as N/A or a blower. I'd love to be able to click off some 13's and look stock under the hood. Kinda funny how I swore I was going to leave the truck stock :crackup:

That's not so hard to do; 03RedSS has his truck running consistent 13.8s and he still has the stock long block, he has headers/CAI/tranny mods/tune. I'm running 14.2's and I've still got the factory exhaust manifolds and crappy shift points, I'm pretty convinced that with some optimization I can get my truck into the 13's as well no prob. RacerJJ is also just into the 13s.

If I were to do a N/A project :devil: I would do the L92 head & cam swap + ported L76 intake + 4-bolt throttle body + injectors + headers = 480+ rwhp! (based on 2WD, AWD has more powertrain drag) If you go ahead and use an aluminum 6.0L block then you drop another 70-lbs. Meaning you will be making a few more horsepower than the Radix guys but still be a couple hundred pounds lighter. Hmmmm makes you think now don't it... :devil: I'm thinking it might be possible to make the truck run really low 13s... that might be dreaming but it's certainly worth looking at.

Mr. P. :)

Edited by misterp (see edit history)

If I were to do a N/A project :devil: I would do the L92 head & cam swap + ported L76 intake + 4-bolt throttle body + injectors + headers = 480+ rwhp!

Mr. P. :)

Thats the exact combo I was dreaming about on the long trip home from the track. Of course I'd probly add a 125 shot for a 12 sec truck. I wish I had a cheaper hobby lol

Thats the exact combo I was dreaming about on the long trip home from the track. Of course I'd probly add a 125 shot for a 12 sec truck. I wish I had a cheaper hobby lol

:crackup: It's never ending, just ask 04Chase! Once you hit the 14's, you'll want 13's and once you hit 13's, you'll want 12's etc., etc., Good luck! A tune and some other bolt-ons will give you a good start in the right direction.

:crackup: It's never ending, just ask 04Chase! Once you hit the 14's, you'll want 13's and once you hit 13's, you'll want 12's etc., etc., Good luck! A tune and some other bolt-ons will give you a good start in the right direction.

I always end up taking my daily driver to far. But its SO much fun lol. Hopefully once the money catches up with the mod bug I'll be able to make it out to the bigger events to see some other fast SSS's.

Yeah my truck stops working that last 1/2-track too, it really feels a lot faster than it actually is. A CAI & tune will really help your performance all the way around, both off the line and top-end, at least you'll be trapping around 90-92 mph then.

Mr. P.

My truck is a 2nd half truck. It really turns it on the final 1/8th I can make up some ground. If only I had traction at the start.

If you really want to wake up the last half of the 1/4 mile run, go with some 29" tall tires. What I found is that will have you crossing the line in the high 5K RPMs (sepending on TCC lock-up), making good use of all that peak HP powerband.

For me it was a trade off, the shorter tires helped the upper end but the traction off the line suffered (even with the AWD). I have some M&H 28" DRs for the fall now :devil:

My truck is a 2nd half truck. It really turns it on the final 1/8th I can make up some ground. If only I had traction at the start.

just so you know i tested my drag radials last weekend at an undisclosed location and i can now stall my converter almost to 2800 and launch with almost zero spin. i havent taken it to the track but i can guarantee i just lost at least .2 tenths off my 60ft time.

just so you know i tested my drag radials last weekend at an undisclosed location and i can now stall my converter almost to 2800 and launch with almost zero spin. i havent taken it to the track but i can guarantee i just lost at least .2 tenths off my 60ft time.

Awesome cant wait to see the new track times. :driving:

Went to the track on Sunday. Not sure what the level is but it was about 85 degrees and no wind. Made three runs and they all looked like this to the thousandth. Just for info I took over drive off and stalled to 1500.

60 ft-------2.27

1/8th et---10.02

1/8mph---71.20

1000 et---13.04

1000 mph-80.20

1/4 et-----15.640

1/4 mph--86.99

I'm a little dissapointed in I wasn't lower into the 15's. I'm completely stock except for a flowmaster cat back and I was at full weight(hitch,spare etc) with a 3/4 tank of gas.

I'm VERY consistant but do these times seem kinda slow to anyone else? I know it felt like I was trying to push a brick through sand after the 1/8th mile.

That seems slow to me. I'd run it with less gas, say around 1/4 tank and drop the hitch and spare. Weight reduction should help out those times. I'd guess I was running around 15 stock. Before you start to mod think about your long term plans. If I would have done that I wouldn't have wasted $600+ on a cam setup :banghead: Def possible to get into the 13's NA, but it's fun to do it BLOWN. I haven't been to the track since the SC but I'm 100% sure I'm in the 13's. Next is 12's :devil: