Sold my first truck

Sold my first Chevy truck on sunday, bout shed a tear... then he handed me the check! I learned a lot w/ that truck... Installed the crate 350 myself, radiator, calipers, snap ring in trans. case, pinion and ring gears, And much more w/ just a chiltons.... Seeing my dad about once a month growing up never left enough time to learn about cars/ wrenchin... After dumping $7K back into it over the last 2 years I was glad to get that for it. It had 223k miles on the original engine and tranny before i blew the engine. And i drive like a grandma... :jester: Thats why with the new truck purchase there was no question... :chevy:

DSC00069.jpg

DSC00076.jpg

when i had to let go of my old truck, i felt like i was losing a son. but when i came to the realization that i was trading it in for a SSS, i was more than happy to see it go. i was sad at first, but after i saw it leave my sight, i was happy as hell to start moding the sss. i didn't waste any time. found this website, got the HP bug, and went to work.

Edited by BlackSS04 (see edit history)

yeah, my new love affair, the hot rod w/ a pickup bed, has definitely eased the pain! I'll never forget driving around in the couple blizzards we've gotten here in the last couple years in the old truck though... That thing was frickin amazing in the snow, but the vmax just tears it up with the extra HP!!

I feel your pain. I am actually looking at an old truck that looks like my first truck. I know if I go and see it, I will buy it :happysad:

There is nothing more satisifying than learning how to wrench on your first vehicle. You truck looked like it was well taken care of!