Shot in the dark!

r8rs4lf

Since our addition is almost done and I'll be depending on my newly installed french doors for security, I'm looking for some alternative ways to secure the doors. They have the standard pin on the top and bottom with handle and deadbolt openings. I was just wondering if any of you have french doors in your home and if you have any alternative security measures for them?

TIA

Since our addition is almost done and I'll be depending on my newly installed french doors for security, I'm looking for some alternative ways to secure the doors. They have the standard pin on the top and bottom with handle and deadbolt openings. I was just wondering if any of you have french doors in your home and if you have any alternative security measures for them?

TIA

this is one of the things i do for my clients, security surveys. I have done security analysis on 40,000 sq ft homes before and built and designed complete alarm and security systems for the like of many celebrities - names we are ALL familiar with.

in answer to your question, your initial thoughts should be sufficient. Statistically most intruders exit through other access points rather than a front door... spend the money on an alarm system, at least spring for an alarm company sign for your front lawn... until you can get a decent one. We just set up a 40 monitor system with 4 motion sensitive cameras which detect pixel variations vs infred beams... really awesome technology... you can actually program the camera to recognize motion patterns and sensitivity in pixel variations. if you send me a basic blueprint i can devise something to cover your entire property for free... you can then do it yourself or find someone local...

again, if someone wants to get in, an open window is much more likely of an option than breaking through a set of doors.

good luck

You guys are too damn funny!

I have basically the same security as you all.

Sig P229 in .40

246338781.jpg

Sig 226 in 9MM with Crimson Trace laser grips

246338757.jpg

And last but not least, my P220 with 11 rounds of .45 ACP.

246338705.jpg

My other security measures

119918778.jpg

TIA

If you are in the NY metro area I can get you a sign from my company FOC.......

It has been proven that visual deterents are the first line of defense.....a home with a security sign out front is less likely to get burglarized than one without a sign.

:driving:

• 2 weeks later...

I think his question was more along the line of some type of a device that he can use along with the starndard locks. Like how you can use a broom handle with sliding glass doors. I know I would be interested to know of some kind of a device too, I have french doors in the back of my house, and its all isolated and wooded out there.