Bose (aka... BLOWS) door speakers.............

Im not a big bose fan, either. There great for home audio, i will give them that much credit but i like my music loud. When i get in my SS i want to feel like im at a concert. Personally ive found that "Kicker" makes very good sounding, high qaulity, affordable components. But like everything else, thats an opinion.

I have not done a SSS, but have done plenty of other vehicles and it is not that expensive. Just get enough to do the innermost panel and a little bit more to do what you can on the inside of the panel as well (side facing the outermost part of door.) It will improve the sound in the door.

has anyone here done this to their truck? estimated cost?

deadening is cheeper than you think... easy to do. I have ALOT of it in my truck, HUGE difference!!

Now as for Bose, everyones ears are different. they are good at ONE thing, that is marketing. their car shit sucks ass for build quality. especially for the price. as far as home stuff, take a listen, yes its small and can sound decent, but do you really think them lil cubes are worth 2-3 GRAND??? I get em at a discount at work and still wont buy a set. Just my opinion. take it as you wish.

i play the sh t out of mine and have been for 4 years with my two alpine 10,s and they still sound awesome my volume is all the way up 90% of the time especially since i dont have my exhaust on anymore