How about a Wheel Pics Thread?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking for ideas, so show me what you have! Thanks everyone!

Also post the rim weight and difference from stock weight. I'd like to add some new wheels to my SS as well but I don't want anything heavier than stockers.

Also post the rim weight and difference from stock weight. I'd like to add some new wheels to my SS as well but I don't want anything heavier than stockers.
I dropped 106-lbs of unsprung weight.

Mr. P. :)

Mr P. your rims are nice :thumbs:
Mr. P, those are beautiful!
are those 22's Mr. P?

Thanks Gents :thumbs: They are 20's, not 22's. I'm definitely a form-follows-function guy, wheel weight is important to me plus I dropped the truck an extra inch so shorter tires were required (30" vs. 32.5") but I still needed a minimum 20" rim to fit over the Baer brakes. I was seriously considering a set of iForged rims but at the last moment I decided these wheels were more visually interesting.

Several regrets - because these are one-offs if I ever damage one of them I'm SOL; also one of the rims is constructed completely different from the other 3 (it was a prototype), the wheel balancing machine has to be reconfigured to balance it and that just pisses off the tire shops! But the biggest problem is that the rims are only 8.5" wide, and when the day comes that I have to use a 305 or larger tire to get traction then these rims won't work; I'll have to have them widened. That is Centerline's only problem, if they made their truck rims so as to use a 305 or 315 tire they would sell a lot more wheels IMO - if I had thought ahead I would have gotten a different CL rim model in raw aluminum (un-chromed) and had them widened first to 9" or 9.25" and then plated locally.

Mr. P. :)

Here are my new American Racing Wheels TorqThrust ST's with Yokohama Paradas mounted. They are the stock 20" size. I weighed both these and the original equipment wheels & tires (Goodyear). They were nearly identical, as far as I could tell, about 76 lbs.

post-9798-1178299556_thumb.jpg

post-9798-1178300074_thumb.jpg

here are my niche roma 22/10 with 325/40/22 hankook you can also see the calipers i painted
02 WS6 TA - Pimp's wheels look awesome in person, especially rolling - the pics don't do them justice at all.

Mr. P.