Thinking on getting tune

I have question , Im planing on getting my exhaust dun soon . Im thinking on puting on two flowmaters on and keep the stock tip . But im also planing on getting a tune soon too .What should I do first exhauut or a tune ? I do not know too much about the tunes at all . If I get exhaust dun , will that do anything to the tune side ? Or should I get the tune first ? My other question is , Can they keep my stock tune on with the tow/houl button on ?( I have tow my Boat and it wights 5,000 pounds . ) Or have a tune for towing so I could have 2 tunes . With the tow/houl button off it will the new tune . Can that be dun ??? :dunno: What kind of tunes are out there ? Im lost with the tunes this be my first getting a tune dun . My last qustion is will that F--K up My warrenty at all . I know the exhaust will not F--K it up at all . Im just going round and round :banghead: bout getting a tune . Im sorry if asking so many question . :cheers: Thanks alot Mark

I have question , Im planing on getting my exhaust dun soon . Im thinking on puting on two flowmaters on and keep the stock tip . But im also planing on getting a tune soon too .What should I do first exhauut or a tune ? I do not know too much about the tunes at all . If I get exhaust dun , will that do anything to the tune side ? Or should I get the tune first ? My other question is , Can they keep my stock tune on with the tow/houl button on ?( I have tow my Boat and it wights 5,000 pounds . ) Or have a tune for towing so I could have 2 tunes . With the tow/houl button off it will the new tune . Can that be dun ??? :dunno: What kind of tunes are out there ? Im lost with the tunes this be my first getting a tune dun . My last qustion is will that F--K up My warrenty at all . I know the exhaust will not F--K it up at all . Im just going round and round :banghead: bout getting a tune . Im sorry if asking so many question . :cheers: Thanks alot Mark

Put all of your mods on first, then tune to it- if you can, tune on a dyno. I just had mine done last week, and having the dyno there for feedback was extremely helpful. Unless you parallel PCM units or run your power control off of a laptop, you're stuck with modifying the PCM tables. Or, get a tuned PCM (do a search) and pay the core charge to keep your stocker around if you feel it necessary. I haven't at all yet, but I'm sure there are guys here who tow with a tune- they can help you more in that regard (as far as tuning timing and fuel for load conditions). Good luck!

just changing out your muffler isnt really going to affect any tune you do.

just changing out your muffler isnt really going to affect any tune you do.

You're right in a practical sense, but changes to scavanging and exhaust pressure can make a difference in the overall operation of the motor. I'm less adept at the PCM controlled stuff, but I have spent quite a bit of time with tuning domestics in general. For the most part, I would say that you would not notice a difference in an otherwise stock vehicle, but add some improvements like intake, manifold/TB, cam, and headers and you could have a bottleneck fast in your exhaust system.

You're right in a practical sense, but changes to scavanging and exhaust pressure can make a difference in the overall operation of the motor. I'm less adept at the PCM controlled stuff, but I have spent quite a bit of time with tuning domestics in general. For the most part, I would say that you would not notice a difference in an otherwise stock vehicle, but add some improvements like intake, manifold/TB, cam, and headers and you could have a bottleneck fast in your exhaust system.

that may be true but in his original post he said he was only changing the muffler out for two flows and if that is the case then it wont make any difference in his tune. obviously when you start talking about intake/maniold or tb and what not that is a different game.

that may be true but in his original post he said he was only changing the muffler out for two flows and if that is the case then it wont make any difference in his tune. obviously when you start talking about intake/maniold or tb and what not that is a different game.

Im planing on just on put two new flow in and call it good . that is the only big mod that imgoing to do besides the tune . What should I be looking for in a tune . ( I do not wonna blow my SSS up ) . I was thinking to have tune time to it for me. They seem like they know there shit . Throw my friends, I did not call them up tolk ask question yet.

Do the mods first, then tune. You will be able to tow fine with what you are doing. Look at my signature and mods, I tow about 2,000 lbs with my truck 3-4 times a week. I am installing a Yank torque converter with a 3200 stall in a couple of weeks and was told by Dave at Yank I could tow 9,000 lbs with it. You'll be fine.

Im planing on just on put two new flow in and call it good . that is the only big mod that imgoing to do besides the tune . What should I be looking for in a tune . ( I do not wonna blow my SSS up ) . I was thinking to have tune time to it for me. They seem like they know there shit . Throw my friends, I did not call them up tolk ask question yet.

usually how it works is you fill out a order sheet or just call them if your having trouble and they will walk you through it. Basicaly in a nutshell they get a list of your mods and tweek your truck with info they have to try and obtain max performance. Changeing shift points, remove abuse modules, etc.. They do all the tweaking and a tune isn't going to blow your SS up.

usually how it works is you fill out a order sheet or just call them if your having trouble and they will walk you through it. Basicaly in a nutshell they get a list of your mods and tweek your truck with info they have to try and obtain max performance. Changeing shift points, remove abuse modules, etc.. They do all the tweaking and a tune isn't going to blow your SS up.

Cool , thanks alot :thumbs: Im planing on going to tune time with friend that has a TBSS , I will see what they can do .

brobradh77 do you have a tune , if you do. How do you have set up like ?

Cool , thanks alot :thumbs: Im planing on going to tune time with friend that has a TBSS , I will see what they can do .

brobradh77 do you have a tune , if you do. How do you have set up like ?

I have a PCM4Less tune and my mods: Yank 2600 TC, Zippy Shift Kit w/ Billet servo, Volant CAI, Flowmaster exhaust and thats it and it was a totally different truck with the tune. Their are many opinions on who does the best tune so you will have to research using the search button and get all the info and decide. I am very happy with my tune but some not all are going to be happy. Zippy (zippy performance) and Frank (rev. raceworks) have a great following and as far as I can remember no negative feedback about their tunes.

I have a PCM4Less tune and my mods: Yank 2600 TC, Zippy Shift Kit w/ Billet servo, Volant CAI, Flowmaster exhaust and thats it and it was a totally different truck with the tune. Their are many opinions on who does the best tune so you will have to research using the search button and get all the info and decide. I am very happy with my tune but some not all are going to be happy. Zippy (zippy performance) and Frank (rev. raceworks) have a great following and as far as I can remember no negative feedback about their tunes.

:withstupid:

I got my Sierra tuned by Wheatley. (after i installed my LT's). Mannnnnnnn.....what a difference. And with all the speeding / accelerating / haulin' ass... i've still managed to gain 2mpg... :driving:

Switching the stock muffler for flowmasters is not going to change the motor's breathing that much. So as long as you are only changing the muffler it won't matter whether you get the tune first, or exhaust first.

I agree with CoolBlueSS, if you can budget for it definitely get a shift kit & servos, and CAI; you will need a retune with these more serious mods but will be well worth it.

Mr. P. :)