"worst accident it vegas history"

wody

this dude worked with me for about a month and then was fired for not coming into work. none of us knew he would be the drunk driver to cause a deadly accident. only 19 and now his life is over (in jail).

here is the link to the story.

'ENTIRELY PREVENTABLE': Five killed in collision

Edited by wody (see edit history)

this dude worked with me for about a month and then was fired for not coming into work. none of us knew he would be the drunk driver to cause a deadly accident. only 19 and now his life is over (in jail).

here is the link to the story.

'ENTIRELY PREVENTABLE': Five killed in collision

his life is over?... what about the 5 people he killed... what a sad story.

his life is over?... what about the 5 people he killed... what a sad story.

i knew someone would say that...but im just making a point. and yes it is a sad story

that was sad. wody do you know any background on the other case they mentioned about the girl mowing over some roadside teenagers?

i don't know about that one but i remember a two different cases where drunk drivers lost control and hit some people at bus stops though. :shakehead:

Edited by wody (see edit history)

i knew someone would say that...but im just making a point. and yes it is a sad story

i don't know about that one but i remember a two different cases where drunk drivers lost control and hit some people at bus stops though. :shakehead:

wody, dont get me wrong brother... if he were sober it would be all around horrific... but i am totally against drinking and driving... a girl i dated once killed her best friend of 17 years in an accident in which she walked away from. She spent tie in prison and then for the next 8 years went around to high schools and spoke out against it.

didnt mean to come off like a d*k but it is just really sad... and isnt it ironic that the person driving drunk usually ALWAYS survives... reason - their body is relaxed and goes with the crash... true story

wody, dont get me wrong brother... if he were sober it would be all around horrific... but i am totally against drinking and driving... a girl i dated once killed her best friend of 17 years in an accident in which she walked away from. She spent tie in prison and then for the next 8 years went around to high schools and spoke out against it.

didnt mean to come off like a d*k but it is just really sad... and isnt it ironic that the person driving drunk usually ALWAYS survives... reason - their body is relaxed and goes with the crash... true story

i've seen lots of lives ruined but drunk driving. one dude i played baseball with was killed in a wreck and he was only a week away from going to spring training with the athletics. i have also noticed that the driver always survives. by reading that article i think his dad made him agree to let them take his picture in the hospital. you do something like this you are going to pay for it. it is the fact that he was drunk that is going to cost him and already took the lives of young people who didn't get the chance at life. im with you 100% i didn't think you were a dick, i am glad that you said something so that i can make my point that i had originally intended to make.

Horrible. I also feel for the people who arrived on scene. I dont know about many of you guys, but I have worked on around dead/mangled adult bodies a coulpe of times (national ski patrol, and yes we had a couple die over the years) and I could never imagine the carnage after an accident like that one. I also couldnt imagine having to pull a mangled 18month old out of a burning vehicle either. Those two guys who arrived on scene are going to have memories nightmares for the rest of their lives as well. There was a girl who died at our ski resort, she 9. The lead patroller on scene who worked the most on her still carries it around, you can see it in his eyes, very sad. I wasnt there for that one, just saw the photos/aftermath. An accident like that one in vegas affects many many people, not just the ones involved.

Horrrific story and I hope he gets whats coming to him :nonod:

:withstupid:

That's what I'm hoping ... maybe 'Bubba' will track him down while he's in jail and give him the man-lovin' he deserves ... :jester:

In all honesty, though ... this dude does not deserve to live. I am a firm believer in Capital Punishment, and there's no excuse for his actions. If we had more aggressive laws, people wouldn't be placing themselves (And Others) in unsafe situations such as this ... and the ones that still did, would be killed.

Thats really sad. It happens here in Miami too many times. I remember one where a guy killed a family of seven, the sad part of it all was he was making a left turn and the father (of the van) took the red light. 7 counts of man slaughter because he was right at the legal limit. I value my life and the lives of others too much, thankfully I have never been in a horrific accident like that.

My thoughts and prayers to both families, and all who have had to ever deal with something like this.

I am a firm believer in Capital Punishment, and there's no excuse for his actions. If we had more aggressive laws, people wouldn't be placing themselves (And Others) in unsafe situations such as this ... and the ones that still did, would be killed.

Very valid point, it seems the criminals have too many "rights" sometimes. A guy can point a gun in your face, take your wallet, hit you over the head, and run away...if you shoot him the back, you are a murderer by law because he already disengaged you, he has the right to his safety...hmmm. But also though, on the flip side of the arguement, capital punishment and stiffer laws for criminals are hampered by the fact that those laws can get applied to innocent people sometimes and since we live a society where you are technically innocent until proven guilty, its hard to take away your rights until you are proven guilty. Just both sides of the fence there. I for one believe that he should be sentenced to life in prison or the death penalty, but honestly, with drunks, its not always something they can help. You are asking/expecting someone who has an addiction to a drug (alcohol) and abuses it to make a rational decision. They are already irrational prior to drinking usually. Its not like it was his first time getting plowed I am sure. And while intoxicated, he makes impaired decisions to drive. I have a friend who is a severe alcoholic and crahed his car into a median, not hurting anyone but himself thank god. It was his 2nd dui. My point is that if there was a death penalty in place, I still feel he would have driven drunk and the accidents would still have happened. Why? Because the issue is deeper than the rational desire to commit a crime. The thoughts that go through a drunks mind and the decisions leading up to the tragedy/crime, are not the same as the thoughts/rationale that go throught he minds of say bank robbers or cold blood killers. The issue with DUI starts at a young age and goe smuch deeper, and I think that may also be why it is hard to execute someone for doing what they did while intoxicated. Kind of like we wouldnt execute someone for doing cocaine and hurting someone, the drug is taken into account.