• Stock
    • Moser 33 spline
    • Other
  4. 4. Driveshaft

• Stock
    • PST Chromoly 1350 Joints
    • PST Aluminum 1350 Joints
    • Denny's with 1350 Joints

14 bolt all the way. if you have discs they will transfer over. talk to quik. seriously the 14 bolt is sooo much stronger. i doubt youd need to upgrade axles, maybe add a locker. im pretty much set on adding 4.56's and a locker to mine in the very near future.

Edited by rivierakid (see edit history)

14 bolt IMO. I actually ordered one a few weeks back. Never got around to installing it as my tranny took a dump and I had to return/exchange it for the new tranny. The one I had was GM part #15806746 which is a factory 14 bolt with 4.10 gears. That should be plenty strong. I'll eventually get another one but I'm pretty much broke right now.

14 bolt IMO. I actually ordered one a few weeks back. Never got around to installing it as my tranny took a dump and I had to return/exchange it for the new tranny. The one I had was GM part #15806746 which is a factory 14 bolt with 4.10 gears. That should be plenty strong. I'll eventually get another one but I'm pretty much broke right now.

How complete was it???

id go with 4:10s with a limited slip. talk to jonmalibuss he has a nice set up on his and should be able to take some abuse.

Thanks Chase, What kind of RPMS are ya'll turning at 70??? just wondering. and how bad is traction gonna be with a 3200RPM Vig

With 4.10's at 70mph I'm turning around 2400 RPM's. As far as traction is concerned, get a set of Caltrac traction bars and a set of slicks and you won't have to worry about it. If you use the stock yoke, you need a special u-joint. The NAPA part no. is 240-0447.

I think for the time being since i have some of the parts already i'm gonna drop 4.10's and a eaton into my 8.6 it should hold till i pay off the transmission and purchase the complete 14 bolt

A 14 bolt might not be a bad idea due to the weight of the truck, but other than that the 8.6 can hold up to the power. I'd say go with a Detroit Locker, 4.10 gear, stock axles, and a good cover.