Texas Vehicle Inspection - Passed

Got my truck inspected this morning, and was a little concerned. I had heard that the 160 stat would show up 'invalid' on the computer scan. I had a buddy do the inspection, and he hooked up all the crap that Texas now requires for inspections. I told him about the PCM, and he said as long as no 'service' lights were on everything would be ok. After the test, I asked if he fudged any, and he said no. So I guess the PCM, and stat passed the way they are. Just wanted to pass that along to other Texans.

It used to be take it to an old barn, then watch them turn on your lights, honk your horn, and put on the sticker.

CW

I've gotta go through that here in Stephenville - brakes & lights; they actually take the truck around a few city blocks for the brake test :dunno: I think they just like to get a joyride in the SSS.

Mr. P.

I remember those days. The brake test was that if it stopped when you pulled it in the shop, then they work.

What part of Texas are you from?

I'm north of Austin, in the Round Rock area. I got it inspected in Hutto, just east of Round Rock. I've heard that Texas is going to require that you get the vehicle inspected in the county that it's registered in, but so far that is rumor only. Luckily 95% of my driving is on country roads, so the wear and tear factor is greatly lower on my ride than the days I used to live in Houston (TONS of stop and go) although I do like the unlimited speeds in H-town.

I'm north of Austin, in the Round Rock area. I got it inspected in Hutto, just east of Round Rock. I've heard that Texas is going to require that you get the vehicle inspected in the county that it's registered in, but so far that is rumor only. Luckily 95% of my driving is on country roads, so the wear and tear factor is greatly lower on my ride than the days I used to live in Houston (TONS of stop and go) although I do like the unlimited speeds in H-town.

It has already started.

Jamest

I live in the DFW area, and it used to be like that here. Dallas county is an emissions county, and Collin and Denton were not. So, if you lived in Dallas county, you had to go there to get an inspection. Now just about the whole area is emissions counties.

this will be my first time getting my truck inspected this month and i just installed the 160 thermo, i honestly didn't know they even looked for this
They don't really "LOOK" for it. They plug into the computer and it tells it what's going on. It reads the sensors to make sure everything is functioning properly. They don't even start it. Basically, if your tune is set for a 160* thermostat then you'll be fine.

If only Ca. was like that :ughdance:

:withstupid:

but what i see, more and more states will be going to increase there emission testing over the next few years.

so soon most states will be up to what we have here in CA. thank AL GORE for that :yellow_loser:

but on the other hand, i would like my grand kids to have some good air when they grow up...

:seeya:

Basically the PCM is looking to make sure the engine is reaching operating temp. In this case 195 degrees. If it routinely sees it only reaching 160-180, it can set a code (P0128) I think it is. If the tune is set to run with a 160, you have no worries. I have the 160 and mine still runs 180-190 and above at extended idle which is what you are going to be doing during an inspection anyway.