Ambushed in Iraq!

MJG-SS

This is our convoy threw baquba Iraq. I was assigned as convoy security and was lucky enough not to get hurt on God knows how many missions we went out on until my very last one. I was the gunner of our second 1114 (Humvee) in a five truck convoy. It was a simple mission to pick up some of our soldiers from another FOB (Base) when we made a wrong turn that dead-ended at the Tigris river. We turned around to correct our mistake and ended up falling into a trap. They threw a grenade at our vehicale and missed. Five seconds later the first Humvee takes heavy fire and my buddy is shot in the foot. They also shot all there tires out and 12 -13 rounds into the engine but the GM motor kept pushing. As soon as I realized we were being shot at I stood up to return fire and they must have seen me go for the weapon because they shot me in the hand. I went down and then was shot again in side. If you watch the video long enough the camara falls and you can see me sittin there. We were lucky to make it threw without getting hit by an IED or VBIED but the very next day in the same place 3 contractors were killed and one of the survivors (Preston Wheeler) was next to me in the hospital bed. He later went CBS,NBC with his video. Its hard to tell by the video because its hard to hear and it happend so fast but our last gunner shot close to 100 50 cal rounds. I just want to say that these things are happening every day over there and try not to forget all who have fallen! I felt I had to write something Because yesterday May 8th my buddy Sgt Andy Eckert was killed two years ago to this day in Sammara Iraq. Peace

http://s46.photobucket.com/albums/f145/mjg...=Ambushed-1.flv

Edited by MJG-SS (see edit history)

That really pisses me off, makes me want to get up and join.

But glad your okay! Definitely a video worth keeping, not a lot of people have footage of themselves getting shot at!

:flag:

I am glad you made it. Thanks for the video it helps alot of people see and relieze what is going on over there and what is happening to our people everyday "GOD BLESS EVERYONE OF YOU ALL". I think about you all everyday. Keep safe and Thankyou and everyone else that is over there.

Edited by SLEEPERSS (see edit history)

Incredible. :eek: Glad you're o.k. Can't even imagine what you guys go through on a daily basis. The video brings it home for us in the states. I wish you guys would post more videos of what's really happening over there. All we get is the news version which is censored by the media to show the currently popular view of the war.

There's a lot of people here that are against the reasons for the war, but I have not met anyone that isn't 100% behind our soldiers. Stay safe and come home soon. :flag:

This thread's duplicated and I posted this in the other... hate for the soldier to miss my thought

MRFKN sandrats!

They otta be fighting their damn civil war with each other and thanking our troops for policing it. But, they're so ghetto that they're ambushing our boys and girls. That kinda news makes my proud American blood boil!

Anyway you, my friend, and the rest of the men and women over there are NOT FORGOTTEN! We'd all bring you home today if we could. Let's hope the next executive branch starts at it day1 !

Until then. make us proud and sing "God Bless America" at the top of your lungs while you defend our honor and teach those rats they just picked a fight with the wrong crew!

Forget? NFW!

Rock on American soldier!

Rock on!

man this brings back memories, not that i have been there but my sisters exbf used to have many of these videos. he was there for a coupld years and had numerous videos. i liked watching them, so many battles i watched makes me so proud of you guys. god bless.