engine fan?

firervfd37

Is there any reason that my fan would be running alot? i have never really heard it until yesterday. and tonight while in a drivethru it ran the whole time...very loud and i aint used to it i guess. could there be another reason?

Has it been hotter than normal?

The stock fan has a heat-activated viscous clutch...so if it's hot, it engages...and it's LOUD.

When it's cold...the blades spin slower than the motor...less airflow, MUCH less noise.

- Brian

well he doesent have a clutch fan he has an 06 so he had e fans and yes they can be loud when running full speed. your car doesent get good airflow when stopped so they were probably on at high speed to cool the engine down. not to mention there wasnt wind noise so you noticed it even more.

thanks for the quick responses...while i got people viewing this i guess i can ask...is there any warranty work or check ups i should get done since i hit the 1 year mark about a month ago and it now has about 26500 miles?

There is a web site somewhere on here (search 4 it) where u can entire ur vin# and check for probelms/issues. But other than that and if u don't have any of those listed issues, I'd just enjoy ur'HO. :driving:

That is a GREAT looking VHO color too with those 20's and the chrome bumpers, Nice choice bro!! :thumbs: