Remote Start

Rausche

To anyone whose going to say it: I've already used the seach button, it didn't my questions, so please help me out...

I'm going to get a remote starter installed at somepoint soon, and I already know from what I have read here that the way to go is either with viper or DEI (i'm leaning towards the latter). My question is, I want to use my stock remote, and I know this can be done, but what exactly are you doing to start the truck? unlocking it once or three times or pushing the alarm button? I ask this because I want to be able to use the remote start, but I really want to keep my stock remote and not leave my truck idling outside with the alarm off and the doors unlocked...

Any solutions??

To anyone whose going to say it: I've already used the seach button, it didn't my questions, so please help me out...

I'm going to get a remote starter installed at somepoint soon, and I already know from what I have read here that the way to go is either with viper or DEI (i'm leaning towards the latter). My question is, I want to use my stock remote, and I know this can be done, but what exactly are you doing to start the truck? unlocking it once or three times or pushing the alarm button? I ask this because I want to be able to use the remote start, but I really want to keep my stock remote and not leave my truck idling outside with the alarm off and the doors unlocked...

Any solutions??

First of all....DEI and Viper are one and the same. Python, clifford and Viper are all owned by DEI.

Secondly, I can answer the button question. In the DEI remote you press the accesory button twice to start it, twice to turn it off. Dunno how you will figure it out with the three buttons. However they have the non-pagers....so it may work with those. Sorry about my limited knowledge on this.

use a dei 561t that uses your stock remote. all you do is hit the lock button 2 times(factory set) or like me i changed it to 3 times to start it. i work at a car electronics shop so this is what i recomend. i installed one on a members truck here. qixxierider (MIKE) he likes it and i also have one to. but im going to install my 564t soon. but on most remote starts we use we can hook it up so the dorrs stay locked.

Range does suck with the factory remote. I ordered and installed an Astrostart 2205A and used an Astrostart bypass module (IOM-GMC-3). If you can solder, then this remote starter will only cost you about $320 about 4 hrs start to finish. The main module is also ready to be expanded and programmed for Alarm/shock sensors/siren/etc. and all the other cool stuff if you want it. I installed mine about 2 1/2 months ago and it has performed flawlessly since. I use it all the time.

It's also uses a 2 way remote, which is what I'd suggest and NEVER use a passive bypass module always go electronic.

And for the fanboys who are all about Python/Viper, DEI also owns Astroflex (manufacture of Astrostart).

I like the stock remote for the simple fact I like to keep things kind-of on the DL. When I pull out my keyfob nobody would think twice about it. Plus I don't need too much range out of it. If range was an issue, I'd have one of my friends from school make an new stock remote with crazy internals that I'm sure would boost the range a bit. The truck is never really out of my site though, and definately not far enough away that I wouldn't hear the alarm going off...

Is the 561t capable of putting of putting the windows up if it starts raining? I always thought that would be cool, but then again if I got a sunroof I could jack into its rain-sensor and use that to trigger something to put up my windows right?