Added some TIG welders to the truck

Since I seem to have some time waiting on slow computers - here's pics of my latest mod, I changed my halogen headlights to HIDs. The bulbs are 50W 6000K, the ballasts are 50W Phillips knock-offs; the color is very even, and to say they throw out a lot of light is an understatement, you can clearly see road lines for 3/8-1/2 mile. Pic below is all lights on, the DRL bulbs are the originals so you can see the difference in color, I'll be switching them out for hyper-white LED bulbs sometime for a better match.

Oncoming.jpg

The Kits - I got them from Distinctive Element Auto Restyling, I ran across them on eBay but found they had an actual internet splash page with a contact phone number so I figured what the hell and I'll be someone very helpful answered!! Cost for everything here was either $370 or $380... I cannot remember. Bad news was that the 50W kits are not regular stock and take another week for delivery but they've got 35W kits ready to ship that are also $10@ cheaper...

kits.jpg

I decided to install the passenger-side ballasts under the CAI, they fit AWESOME and no zip-ties, they're bolted in there. The bad news is that there's no such convenient location on the driver's side (the wiper washer bottle is mounted there) so I have decided to make a mounting bracket for that side, in the meantime they're zip-tied in place :ughdance: but I'll post a pic of what I fab-up later. Pics of passenger side:

pass-ballasts.jpg

Direct Comparision - I was at the Sonic in Flower Mound parked next to a Nissan XTerra and the difference in lighting was HUGE, mind you these pics were taken at dusk, the sun was still on the horizon behind us:

Sonic.jpg

And I took a vid of the lights in action! HIDs MOV

I love them, like everyone else I have to agree this is certainly one of the best mods to the truck so far.

Mr. P. :)

i just put another set on the maro yesterday. but something unexpected happened. when they come on they make some relay just go nuts( very loud relay clicking)i think its just the ignitor because after they are on it settles down

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Mr. P, quick question for you on this topic:

Would it be too much trouble for you to dig up the name of the seller/store you bought these from? I tried looking them with the information you already provided, but couldn't find anything (their website wasn't too helpful either)... A link to any of their auctions would do it for me too... Thanks.