SS Wing Curiosity

I was curious about how far the SS Intimidator Wing/Cover opens. I've seen a few pictures around this site of what they look like on the truck, but I've never seen a picture of one that's in the open position. I'm thinking about buying one but I need to know how badly it's going to hinder the use of my bed...

Somebody want to post some open pics or link me to them?

Thanks guys, I appreciate it...

3 Pieces? How so?

I know I will still be able to use my tailgate, but I thought that it was attached to a hard tonneau cover that would pivot from the cab-side of the bed. I was wondering how far this opens, and was looking for pics of that...

What's the difference? Somebody needs to explain this to me before I get any more confused.......

The Intimidator wing is a 3 piece wing that attaches 1 piece above the tail lights and the other part of the wing attaches across the top of the tail gate. A hard cover with a speedster wing is a complete hard bedcover that has a wing molded into it. The Intim. wing will not hamper the use of your bed at all.

here is a pic of a Intimidator wing on my truck

IMG_21222.jpg

Edited by brobradh77 (see edit history)

Okok, I get it now. Soooooooo theoretically I could get the GM tri-fold hard cover (or similiar) and still use this wing? (I do love the way your truck looks, btw Brobradh77)

Thanks for the compliment and I am unsure what that tri-fold cover looks like if it is what i am thinking and it fits inside the bed and flush to the top I think you will be fine. The wing takes up about as much space as those chrome tailgate protectors for the top of your tail gate. It may stick otout 1/16" to 1/8" :dunno:

No. I'm trying to decide between the ISS wing with a nice hard tonneau, or going with the speedstur. However, accessability to the bed is an important factor for me as I actually use my SS like a truck (eg hauling engines, boats, and equipment around non-stop)... So I'm looking for some pictures to help me make a decision...

No. I'm trying to decide between the ISS wing with a nice hard tonneau, or going with the speedstur. However, accessability to the bed is an important factor for me as I actually use my SS like a truck (eg hauling engines, boats, and equipment around non-stop)... So I'm looking for some pictures to help me make a decision...
The Speedstur wing is integrated with the Gaylord's toneau cover. So, if you haul tall stuff you'll be taking the cover off alot. The SSI wing will not interfere a bit with the truck being a truck.

The Speedstur wing is integrated with the Gaylord's toneau cover. So, if you haul tall stuff you'll be taking the cover off alot. The SSI wing will not interfere a bit with the truck being a truck.

:withstupid: The Gaylord lid looks great but only opens about 45-50 degrees.