antifreeze on belt?

packjh

It seems that my ac belt got antifreeze on it during the cam swap and is squeaking like crazy just wandering if you guys had some ideas of how to make it dry faster or just make it stop completely

Well first dry off the excess...its happened to me twice already (switching out tb and switchin out to a 160*)

After thats done....just let the engine run. It will dry it off. It will squeak a bit and scare you for about 15 minutes

;)

well i drove it 15 min home from the hobby shop and i let it set all night and still squeaks like hell. I mean i hear it squeak in one spot now and when i get on the gas it speeds up so i know there is one part of the belt or pulley that still has fluid on it.

well i drove it 15 min home from the hobby shop and i let it set all night and still squeaks like hell. I mean i hear it squeak in one spot now and when i get on the gas it speeds up so i know there is one part of the belt or pulley that still has fluid on it.

after about 15 min driving it should of dried off by then. i would check to see if you have a small coolant leak that you might have missed :dunno:

good luck

:seeya:

pulled the ac belt off actually and looks like its my serpintine belt. I have it off at the moment and wiped it down and went and wiped the pulleys down. I hope something isnt outa wack making this happen. I know it took awhile for it to squeak after we started it the first time after the cam change.

look!!!!! in your sig, that girl is peeing on your belt!!!!!!!! :jester:

haha thats funny never thought of that

A little bit of valve lapping compound on the belt will help it to provide grip and keep it from slipping and squeaking.

hmm try that next time i broke down and bought a belt