stock bose head unit with subs, what do you guys have for bottom end?

whats up. so i changed my mind, im putting the bose 6 disc back in as soon as the pac24 gets here. my question is this.

who on here has the best sounding system utilizing the stock head unit, and what subs/amp combo are you using?

i got factory head unit and im running 1/1000 jl audio amp with the custom blow through box with 3 12" rockford fosgate he2's, and let me tell i dont think i would switch head units because of thhe 6 cd changer unless they make a double-din 7 in screen with the 6 cd's, forgot to mention i also have the audio control epicenter.

Edited by eddie da chevy guy (see edit history)

i got factory head unit and im running 1/1000 jl audio amp with the custom blow through box with 3 12" rockford fosgate he2's, and let me tell i dont think i would switch head units because of thhe 6 cd changer unless they make a double-din 7 in screen with the 6 cd's

Pioneer 6500.... has a screen and 6 disc DVD built in... If I wasnt so hung on Alpine I would do it..

you can do anything you want off the factory head... many ways to do it a quality line out with a nice EQ , JL clean sweep, rockford 360

a new product out that works GREAT is the the Re-Q. cheeper than the cleansweep and it allows you to keep your steeringwheel volume controls too.

whats up. so i changed my mind, im putting the bose 6 disc back in as soon as the pac24 gets here. my question is this.

who on here has the best sounding system utilizing the stock head unit, and what subs/amp combo are you using?

I have 4 8 inch MTX subs. it sounds nice and tight. i will say I miss that LOW end of rap, but i really dont listen to that anyway.

ii dont think i would switch head units because of thhe 6 cd changer unless they make a double-din 7 in screen with the 6 cd's

Best of both worlds and Navi to boot..... Subs coming soon!

UPDATE001.jpg

UPDATE002.jpg

Since the D3 has memory navi, I actually have a 7 disc changer....lol! Did the by-pass so I can watch movies or enter addresses while I roll, plus have all the adapters for steering wheel controls and door chimes..

Who's your daddy? :cheers:

Best of both worlds and Navi to boot..... Subs coming soon!

UPDATE001.jpg

UPDATE002.jpg

Since the D3 has memory navi, I actually have a 7 disc changer....lol! Did the by-pass so I can watch movies or enter addresses while I roll, plus have all the adapters for steering wheel controls and door chimes..

Who's your daddy? :cheers:

that is bad as hell.....all said and done, what did that cost??? did you make/buy the adapter for the 6 disc or were you able to buy one?

that is bad as hell.....all said and done, what did that cost??? did you make/buy the adapter for the 6 disc or were you able to buy one?

Sorry for getting back to you so late.....

My close friend manages a well known shop here in Atlanta so I got the head unit for 800.00, I picked up the 6 disc from eBay for around 430.00 I think and he charged me 150.00 to install everything including the adapters and what not.

The changer plugs directly into the head unit and I assume the adapter everyone else is using to use there steering controls does the functions. The only issue I have is I have to manually push the disc number I want to play on the changer but other then that I can do everything else like scroll my MP3 play list from the wheel.

HTH,

J

Edited by jayo96ss (see edit history)

i got factory head unit and im running 1/1000 jl audio amp with the custom blow through box with 3 12" rockford fosgate he2's, and let me tell i dont think i would switch head units because of thhe 6 cd changer

I've got a real easy solution for that, iPod!!!!!

Forget the CD's, forget the 6 CD changer, get an iPod in your ride and forget about it!