Tech ?'s about L92

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4l80 means bye bye awd.

Not true. There is a conversion kit available for it including wiring and output shaft (and other bits here/there). All you need is a tune from a 4l80 HD truck and you're in business.

Here's Speed Engineering's kit http://speed-eng.com/store/product_info.ph...roducts_id=7720 Spendy, but worth it if you really want high HP and AWD.

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

Okay, so check this out:

Now that they've announced the MP122 for the L92 heads, it is now possible to do the L92 head swap, the cam swap (i'm still thinking GT2-3 to keep it fairly streetable but i don't know what I'll do ultimately), put the mp122 on (no water pump clearance issues, right?), get the 80 to hold all the power (with the conversion kit to keep it AWD), and finally some damn fine tune work to get it all working together, and life is good, no?

Plausible?

Okay, so check this out:

Now that they've announced the MP122 for the L92 heads, it is now possible to do the L92 head swap, the cam swap (i'm still thinking GT2-3 to keep it fairly streetable but i don't know what I'll do ultimately), put the mp122 on (no water pump clearance issues, right?), get the 80 to hold all the power (with the conversion kit to keep it AWD), and finally some damn fine tune work to get it all working together, and life is good, no?

Plausible?

if you plan on doing all of that and not forging the pistons and possibly stroke it the 80 isnt worth the money. not to mention it will rob more power and the cost is something in the neighborhood of 6k. imo id go ith a bigger cam too.

will a well kitted 60 hold the 700ish hp that is expected from the MP122 and the L92 heads (i'm in the neighborhood with that number, right?)?

possibly with a well built 65 but with the 122 your going to be boosting the shit out of the 6.0. id run some forged rods and pistons just for insurance .

possibly with a well built 65 but with the 122 your going to be boosting the shit out of the 6.0. id run some forged rods and pistons just for insurance .

Yea, I'd venture to say forged internals is a good investment with anything over 10psi. Using the 122 with a pulley designed for 10psi or less then you should be reasonably "safe". HOWEVER, you WILL pulley down once you feel the power. I chose the 112 for that reason,...no matter what I do, getting over the 10psi threshold is virtually impossible. Kind of like handcuffs. :happysad:

On the 65E,...it will be your weak link. I don't care how "built" it is.