whole lot of drama next door

Supporting vendors can be a good thing, and at the same time, a bad thing for a site like this. When there is a problem it should be addresses in a civil manner. The customer should be able to express their discontent, and the vendor should have the opportunity to respond/ correct the situation. It should be done so that everyone sees what kind of vendor/person you're dealing with. If it were my site and I had a supporting vendor not taking care of members, he would be gone.

Btw, the arguing about grammer in that thread is just petty, and THOSE comments should be deleted, as they serve no purpose in there. Other than someone stroking their own ego behind a keyboard.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:withstupid:

There are those that genuinely care about the health of the hobby; and there who are primarily out to make a buck whether the hobby (industry) is well or not. I've come to see that there is a lot of the latter going on in these forums, this past year I've seen a lot of behavior that upsets me greatly.

The problem as I see it is that the website owners DO NOT MODERATE THE VENDORS. Regular joes like ourselves are policed (in some forums to a facists degree) but supporting vendors have free reign to treat forum members however they like without consequence. The job of website owners is to provide a place to bring people together, to develop community, and on a lot of boards this is not happening. On a lot of these forums it's still the wild, wild west; the business interests are running the town and the mayor is rarely present or in some cases just outright corrupt.

Mr. P.

:withstupid:

There are those that genuinely care about the health of the hobby; and there who are primarily out to make a buck whether the hobby (industry) is well or not. I've come to see that there is a lot of the latter going on in these forums, this past year I've seen a lot of behavior that upsets me greatly.

The problem as I see it is that the website owners DO NOT MODERATE THE VENDORS. Regular joes like ourselves are policed (in some forums to a facists degree) but supporting vendors have free reign to treat forum members however they like without consequence. The job of website owners is to provide a place to bring people together, to develop community, and on a lot of boards this is not happening. On a lot of these forums it's still the wild, wild west; the business interests are running the town and the mayor is rarely present or in some cases just outright corrupt.

Mr. P.

well said P, well said

I know internet arguments are stupid and I admit I have been a part of a few. This thread over there started out as just a general response to some things that have been going on on that site and the member who started it, fully expected the thread to be deleted/locked and his account banned. Nothing has happened as of yet and the mods/admins have not even addressed any of the issues that the members have been bringing up. Like others have said, these forums would not be around if it was not for the members and the vendors would not get nearly any of the business they do now if the forums were not there for them to attract people. You cannot, as a forum owner, allow the vendors to run the site while the members get screwed.

I admit, this site does seem to be more civil than many others. That is why I have begun to frequent it.

Sorry, besides, you're too cool for that site. You are correct, you are fine. :D

Thank you :jester:

Wow! That's quite possibly the first time I've ever seen forum members get pissy with each other over grammar. They really are stuck in middle school over there. Now, personally, you couldn't give me the keys to one of those underpowered mommy wagons ( ;) ), but the TBSS owners we have on this site seem cool enough.

Underpowered mommy wagon? I'm gonna cry :tear::tear: I can't believe you said that about my sexy baby.. :tear: MEANIE :P

:crackup: ;)

And I bet if people don't feed into the drama over there it will just go away eventually...If something needs to be solved...just go right to the main source..which would be Merv or a mod or Admin.

Edited by IH82W8 (see edit history)

Thats ok Ashley I know your underpowered mommy wagon will out run my sexy man beast SS so don't fret. :jester:

Aww thanks! But can we refer to my TBSS as something else. Maybe something like sexy WOMAN beast SS haha...:D Cause I'm not a mommy...yet..lol But yes...now that I have a tune and CAI my SS is somewhat faster...

I know internet arguments are stupid and I admit I have been a part of a few. This thread over there started out as just a general response to some things that have been going on on that site and the member who started it, fully expected the thread to be deleted/locked and his account banned. Nothing has happened as of yet and the mods/admins have not even addressed any of the issues that the members have been bringing up. Like others have said, these forums would not be around if it was not for the members and the vendors would not get nearly any of the business they do now if the forums were not there for them to attract people. You cannot, as a forum owner, allow the vendors to run the site while the members get screwed.

I admit, this site does seem to be more civil than many others. That is why I have begun to frequent it.

You're right about that. A forum needs to be run by the forum owner, not the vendors. In the long run it's the vendor that has the most to gain from being a supporting vendor, not the other way around.

Yes, this is one of the best forums on the net. I believe we have enough members here that will step in to stop someone from getting out of hand.

And I bet if people don't feed into the drama over there it will just go away eventually...If something needs to be solved...just go right to the main source..which would be Merv or a mod or Admin.
That's true, for the most part. You'll still have your drama queens/kings that have to whine about everything, and the trolls that like to stir the pot. People just have to lean to stop "feeding the animals", so they'll go away.

When I had to wait 2+ months for my Outlaw, I never bashed them, and I still dont. Even though they sold me a product they didnt have, I still refrained from bashing them. If I did (if Outlaw was a supporting vendor) I would hope my posts wouldn't be deleted, because people need to know whats really happening. I wouldn't want fellow truckers to also have to sit around and wait months for an intake. Same goes for shitty parts. If Brand "X"'s headers cracked after a week, with correct and professional installation, and I was ditched by the vendor, I'd be that much more pissed if I couldnt alert everyone else, and shine some light on brand "X" headers. Any forum that wouldn't allow such is in this buisiness for money not the hobby, like P said. I agree with P 110% This forum and GM-Trucks.com seem pretty good on allowing people to speak their mind about Vendors, the good and the bad....from what Ive seen anyways.

Mr P you are never wrong! On ANYTHING! You need to write a book.... :D

He's just pissed because your SS is faster than his :jester::jester::jester:

My sincerest and most humble apologies Ms. Ashley as it was not my intention nor my desire to belittle your most impressive Sexy Woman Beast SS in any way that would cause you to suffer any emotional distress. Please pay no moment to my childish, name-assigning antics, as I too appear to be one of the small minds cast adrift in a sea of forum shenanigans that has no rightful place on such a civilized and respectful forum such as SSS.com.

P you're just a hater. Albeit 100% correct...again.

My sincerest and most humble apologies Ms. Ashley as it was not my intention nor my desire to belittle your most impressive Sexy Woman Beast SS in any way that would cause you to suffer any emotional distress. Please pay no moment to my childish, name-assigning antics, as I too appear to be one of the small minds cast adrift in a sea of forum shenanigans that has no rightful place on such a civilized and respectful forum such as SSS.com.

P you're just a hater. Albeit 100% correct...again.

:crackup::crackup::crackup: The both of you are too f'n much!