good DD ?

Prestoar

I need a cheap ride with great mpg for a daily driver vehicle....I have a 30mile drive to work

found a 86 Pontiac Fiero 5-speed in good shape with 140K miles and they claim to have bought the car new....asking 1500

I know some of you guys have DDs in place of your SS...what you got?

ive been driving the car i bought for my x wife...a 4 door cobalt. Its slow, its bright orange, and its well makes me look totally gay.

:crackup:

i was gunna say get a cobalt, an SS if you can afford it. they are great little cars for the $, ESPECIALLY the SS S/C. a 13 second car that will out corner a base suspension corvette c6 for $20k, and gets over 30 mpg on highway

Personally, I dont' think you can go wrong with a Jap car for economy and longevity. Previously, I had a 88 camry that i drove until i had 280,000 miles as my DD. I got rid of that and now drive a Toyota Avalon as my DD. They just go and go. JMHO. :thumbs:

B

...I got a 95 CBR600F3 that needs a fuel pump.

P/N 16710-MAL-601, ~$115

40-50 mpg pays for itself!

Oh yeah, my truck is my DD, but I only have a 10 mile drive to work.

I am on my 2nd Plymouth Acclaim. I get 25-30MPG and they have some snot (the 3.0L). I paid $1700 for one with 53K on the clock and sold it with 114K for $800. My 2nd one (current) cost 2K with 62K on the clock. Typically old ladies have them and they are cream-puffs :thumbs: I put just under 50K a year on my beaters so throw away cars are what I need. Killing a new car in 3 years isn't cost effective IMO :smash:

The Typhoon was nice for a 3rd car but I couldn't keep my foot out of it and I didn't like parking it in an unattended parking lot. :nonod:

i was gunna say get a cobalt, an SS if you can afford it. they are great little cars for the $, ESPECIALLY the SS S/C. a 13 second car that will out corner a base suspension corvette c6 for $20k, and gets over 30 mpg on highway

:withstupid:..........i like that idea

Beater 1 - 90 model Celica ST - cost $300 - sold last week for $1000

Beater 2 - 91 model Celica GTS-cost $1150 with 96000 original mileage.

They are fried rice, but they are pretty tough cars and lots of fun around town.

I still drive the SS whenever I have to go out of town.

Edited by StealthSS (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

I'm so happy!!!!! Never been so happy about getting a Honda Civic in my life :yellow_loser:

Just bought a 5-speed 97 Honda Civic HX(42mpg) from the original owner...the money I save in gas will go to more MODS