"Service tire monitor"

r8rs4lf

Probably don't need to replace anything. You'll want to check the tire pressure in the tires. It may have to be recalibrated. Check the owners manual to see if you can do it through the Drivers Information Center or the dealer should be able to reset it for you...

Or...you'll need one of these:

OTC Tire Pressure Monitor

You won't want to buy this :shakehead:

Just found this:

TPM Service Info

Edited by hot rod truck (see edit history)

don't buy the tool, its a complete waste of money and a scam from the parts stores taking advantage of people not being knowledgeable enough. You can reset it on your own. I've never laughed so hard when i saw the salesmans face when i told him to go rip someone else off. He had just told me that he sold 5 that day to other shops. I guess people like throwing money out the window.

1st, did you have your tires rotated. or changed?

1 turn on ignition

2 set parking brake

3 lights off to parking light 4 times and horn will beep.

4 go LF tire, RF tire, RR tire, LR tire in sequence and let at least 10 psi out of each tire. (I usually make sure by almost flatening the tire. the computer is looking for at least a 10 psi change in pressure) the horn should beep when you let enough out then proceede to the next tire.

5 turn off ignition

6 repeat from step 1 but inflate the tires this time. (this is optional but i usually do it for reassurance)

then go through the menu in the DIC and verify that all the tires are reading proper pressure. If they are you will be good to go. If on say's error, or 0psi or any other crazy reading, try the sequence again. If still no avail, then the one that reads wrong may need to be replaced. Hope this helps. Any other questions, let me know, i'm happy to help you out.

Ive seen them come in from the factory with them on, they are kind of a peice of crap if you ask me. Its almost easier to just take it to the dealer and have them do it, it is covered by your warrenty, and it only takes five minutes to do. :D

BEN