Chrome or Black Brake Duct Grilles?

Chrome pieces were sent out for plastic plating, black paint was just run of the mill Rust-Oleum rattle can paint. Here's a close up of the duct with chrome grille.

post-1454-1179706559_thumb.jpg

looks great. and don't you mean the stock plastic pieces were sent out for chrome plating?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dude once again the chrome is awesome! Where did you send those pieces to get plated? Is it expensive?

Thanks for the compliment! I had C.V. Vacuum Platers Inc. do them. They are located in Mission, British Columbia, Canada. The cost was $300 US for the 2 ducts, 2 duct grilles, and large center bumper grille.

chrome looks good on black.

Yes it does, I have always thought that as long as it's tastefully done, and hopefully that's what I've done. I completely changed over from the monochrome paint scheme. I replaced all of the gray grilles and ducts with chrome, replaced the SS emblems with polished stainless steel, got a chrome BowTie, replaced the black door handles with chrome, (just the pulls, not the buckets) and put on some chrome wheels. I am wishing now that I would have bought some chrome factory wheels instead of the American Racing Torq Thrust ST, oh well, another time.

• 1 month later...

truck looks good Ray! i like the emptyness of the ducts with the black behind them. with the chrome, it looks like too much chrome in one spot. i know this is over a month old, but wanted to throw you some compliments. :thumbs:

truck looks good Ray! i like the emptyness of the ducts with the black behind them. with the chrome, it looks like too much chrome in one spot. i know this is over a month old, but wanted to throw you some compliments. :thumbs:

by the way, where did you get the polished stainless SS emblems?