Zaino vs. DER

Oh man that stuff is like crack - I love the smell of that stuff.

DER and Zaino are very, very comparable; you won't go wrong with either, they are both fantastic products. Another similar is Klasse All-In-One. Your paint prep will affect the outcome a hell of a lot more than which of these acrylic sealers you decide to use.

Mr. P.

so you've been f**king with that crack i see. don't let the addiction grow P. it's not worth it. :jester:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:withstupid: Yeah I think what you bought was Zymol; it's the best wax you can buy but it still is a wax, not an acrylic paint sealer (Zaino, DER, Klasse). All waxes evaporate away after a couple weeks, acrylic sealers do not evaporate. And because waxes have 'body' and impurities they produce a warm finish, whereas acrylic sealants give a wet or slick appearance and also don't leave behind a greasy feel. IMO you are going to spend the same amount of time applying either product, so use a sealant instead of a wax.

Mr. P.

How long would it take to use DER or Zaino?

(right now i'm leaning towards Zaino)

Normally a wash/wax job for me is an all day deal. Especially on a full size truck. I did mine start to finish in 4 hours. That's washing, drying, and applying Zaino. It comes off easy and leaves no residue.

Normally a wash/wax job for me is an all day deal. Especially on a full size truck. I did mine start to finish in 4 hours. That's washing, drying, and applying Zaino. It comes off easy and leaves no residue.

A full detail for me takes about 8 hours

Vacuum interior, carpet cleaner, leather cleaner, leather conditioner, clean the dash, mats, inside windows.

Strip old wax with dawn, clay bar, wash again, base coat, sealant, exterior windows, exterior trim and headlights/tails, wheels, exhaust. Degrease the engine polish it all up etc etc.

However I was starting out and every time I am getting quicker, hopefully when the rain lets up I will detail the truck again

A full detail for me takes about 8 hours

Vacuum interior, carpet cleaner, leather cleaner, leather conditioner, clean the dash, mats, inside windows.

Strip old wax with dawn, clay bar, wash again, base coat, sealant, exterior windows, exterior trim and headlights/tails, wheels, exhaust. Degrease the engine polish it all up etc etc.

However I was starting out and every time I am getting quicker, hopefully when the rain lets up I will detail the truck again

I'm slow, and take lots of breaks. :jester: