285/45/22's Won't fit

Hey guys, I ordered my wheels (Black Rhino Slam) and tires (Nitto 420's) and had Discount test fit one of the fronts. They fit fine until the steering wheel is turned. It's only turned like 15 degrees and the inside of the tire starts to run into the wheel well. Now I need to find a new tire but I don't want to sacrifice too much more ride quality with going much smaller on the sidewall. Any suggestions? I was thinking about 265/40/22. The shitty thing is Nitto doesn't make 420's in that size. :banghead:

You still have 2" drop right? The problem seemed like it was a combination of too wide and too tall of a sidewall. 305/40/22 is only .25" smaller sidewall compared to the 285/45. :dunno:

Yeah I have a 2/2 drop with spindles up front and from what I have seen I am no where close to rubbing but I am not staring at it when I bust U-turns either I just no there is no rubbing.

I have 305/45/22, they do rub a little but nothing that couldn't be fixed by modifiying the inner wheel well. If you are not going to lower your truck, do not get a 40 series tire, it looks too small and IMO looks like shit.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the belltech 2 2 and 305/45/22's and it rubbed for a little bit but then it went away it only does it on the drivers side on full lock but it's no big deal it only touches the plastic a little you should be fine