Radar Detectors

Rausche

I'm thinking about taking my V1 out of my other truck and putting it in the SS (after I get it back from the body shop from my accident :banghead::banghead: ), and I was curious how everyone mounted it... I know that the V1 needs to be up high and be able to look out both the windshield and the back window... I'm thinking about building it into that little tray up on the headliner (under the courtesy lights)... Anybody have theirs permanently mounted somewhere creative?

Post pics if you've got them please...

I'm thinking about taking my V1 out of my other truck and putting it in the SS (after I get it back from the body shop from my accident :banghead::banghead: ), and I was curious how everyone mounted it... I know that the V1 needs to be up high and be able to look out both the windshield and the back window... I'm thinking about building it into that little tray up on the headliner (under the courtesy lights)... Anybody have theirs permanently mounted somewhere creative?

Post pics if you've got them please...

When I get one I want to mount it above the rear view mirror and ppower it off the mirror. No wires and stealth. But still in view

I was thinking about that too, but if you get pulled over with one in MA and the cops see it... They're merciless with the ticket... So I want it to be fairly well hidden from view...

Since it's a V1 I could hide it totally from view and get the remote for it... anyone done that?

I keep mine lower on the windshield and in reach. That way if I get pulled over I can throw it into the console. cops won't cut you as much slack if they suspect you were trying to speed. So far I've never been pulled over. A couple of close calls though.