So Cal tracks

adams2003

you should run a before and after.

I would definately like to but recently when I put the pedal to the medal I felt a real bad lag, kindoff a slip in the 1-2 shift. After that Iv'e been real careful with the truck and Im kinda scared to give it any gas until I get the shift kit on. Maybe Im just overreacting, but I just dont want to do anymore damage to the tranny.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ah, not cool. hopefully it's not too late then. any luck on an installer?

Well im actually thinking about driving down to nelson performance and having Allen tune my truck. So I was thinking they could install it and then tune the truck. Im not sure if im going to do that though its a real long drive. Other than him I havn't found anybody else to install it. What kind of damage do you think could have been done?

it could have had a problem with the 2-4 band, but that's a pretty strong part of the trans at hand so you might still come out good yet. i'd say you're still ok if it's shifting good yet. if i were closer i'd put the kit in for ya. damn long drive though. :jester: the kit isn't too difficult, but you could try and put in the servo yourself, although i don't know how much mechanical ability you have, it's not a bad install.

it could have had a problem with the 2-4 band, but that's a pretty strong part of the trans at hand so you might still come out good yet. i'd say you're still ok if it's shifting good yet. if i were closer i'd put the kit in for ya. damn long drive though. :jester: the kit isn't too difficult, but you could try and put in the servo yourself, although i don't know how much mechanical ability you have, it's not a bad install.

I have hardly any mechanical experience at all. I wish I did its just I never had anybody show me, and Ive never had a car or truck that I could just mess around with and take apart and stuff. The ss is to nice of a truck for me to be messin around with it.

I'm there, thats could not be more perfect and I'll try to get my buddy with his crew cab 4x4 desiel to go you won't believe how fast that thing is. It's the funniest thing watching him school newer mustangs and anything else around that speed of car.

Hey (dcairms, ssilverado60, blownchevy, 56chevywagon, scandore, dylanvonkleist) any of you guys now of a good transmission shop out in So Cal? Or have any experience in installing a shift kit? Ive had a real hard time finding someone to install it. Any help would be greatly apprecitaed. Thanks, Adam.

You can PM me if you want.

I can't find anyone around here they all look at me like I'm stupid and then tell me stupid things like. "Why would you what to do that" or this was the best one "You can't do that it will start throwing up service codes" I HATE WHEN YOU GO TO A SHOP AND YOU KNOW MORE THAN THEY DO Hello they are supposed to be the experts.

adams2003 if you find one let me know and I'll do the same :thumbs:

I dont know of any tranny shops near me to do that. I usually just do everything myself. Hopefully Ill get the chance to do a shift kit soon.

Im gonna be there on saturday for sure, you cant miss me, Ill be the black SS making a loud whoooooosh noise at the end of the track :D

I dont know of any tranny shops near me to do that. I usually just do everything myself. Hopefully Ill get the chance to do a shift kit soon.

Im gonna be there on saturday for sure, you cant miss me, Ill be the black SS making a loud whoooooosh noise at the end of the track :D

Parachute? :jester:

I can't find anyone around here they all look at me like I'm stupid and then tell me stupid things like. "Why would you what to do that" or this was the best one "You can't do that it will start throwing up service codes" I HATE WHEN YOU GO TO A SHOP AND YOU KNOW MORE THAN THEY DO Hello they are supposed to be the experts.

adams2003 if you find one let me know and I'll do the same :thumbs:

You guys are going to have to start doing things yourself. I'm in a very small town and finding a shop to do work can be very difficult. Most probably would not know as much as I to do it, so why would I get them to do it? Get some tools, ramps, and read directions. It's not real hard to do. Just a recommenndation.

Archived