05 fan harness

slyder7

i have done all the searchs and here is where i stand

PCM4LESS does not sell anymore.

Nelson is a good harness but does not incorperate pin 33 for high speed........and there maybe problems with pulling to much current however Nelson told me that the reason for that is the altenator must not be up to par......and has nothing to do with the harness

some people have said pin 33 does not work on the 2003 model SSS.............however ccgoodwrench has made it work for his truck.

and the GM harness is to complicated i have read.

So does anyone else make a harness that is as nice as the nelson harness but incoperates pin 33 as well????????

maybe ccgoodwrench can comment more on his harness.

thanks

Aaron

Guys. I really think you are making it a little more complicated...I spent $400 on efans and about $5 on extra wiring/switch/etc. I installed my felx-a-lites with the ECM they provided, tuned it to come on at a certain temp, AND IT DOES. Install took me about 3.5hours with all of the wiring. I wired in manual override switches into the cab for full manual control. I have an ON and OFF switch so if they are running and I want them off, they go off...need them on HI, I turn them ON. You'll spend $225+ on a good set of 05 efans, plus another $100 or so on a harness from nelson or more for custom...SPEND THE EXTRA FEW BUCKS and be done with it. Can't be happier...sheesh...sometimes I think you guys LOVE to make things complicated...lol :D

i dont think anyone is trying to make things more complicated............

i know what i want............i want a harness to function like it was factory.......

nelsons harness is close but does not incorperate pin #33 ie no high speed on the fans only low.

so what i want to know does anyone make a harness like this and is there a confirmation that pin #33 works on the 03 SSS.

and besides i dont want flex lite fans i want oem fans

lets try to keep things positive :happysad:

Edited by slyder7 (see edit history)

The Nelson harness gets the high speed trigger from a tap off the a/c compressor wire, so that the high speed comes on when the a/c compressor cycles. The regular speed is triggered from pin 41 like usual. Very easy install and works fine, no issues...

i guy on PT. made his own harness as several have. he did the 33/42 pins. the 42 is for low speed and the 33 was for high speed. i wanted to make my harness that way but a 02 PCM doesnt allow it. but his works just like the factory does. you control the high speed viva a tune for the ac compressor. most harness's like nelson or the others are triggerd for high from the AC.

what i noticed about a nelson harness is there is no 12+ switched source which can lead to future failures. this could lead to having fans running when the turck isnt turned on. now if he would spilt the two 12+ sources it wouldnt be that problem. for the relays they need a 12+ switched and 12+ constant. his both tap into a single 12+ constant. if for some reason the relays crap out and go to ground then the fans will run which isnt somehting you want.

now if you get a nelson and if you are skilled enough just spilt up the 12+ switched from each coil on the relays and tap into a 12+ switched off the truck. youll be set

you can make your own harness, the schematics are on the net. it isnt hard but time consuming. i made my own and its justl ike the nelson but i have my wires and etc where i want them along with i have my coil wires off the relays switched