Yank won't lock at times

OK, so I get the Yank ProTruck 3200 in, drive around for a couple of days, no problem. Then the SES light pops on and full line pressure. Let me tell you, max pressure and a shift kit don't mix. I check it at work and I set a P0894 Trans component Slipping. I figure, yeah the PCM is seeing too much slip speed, the tuner can fix it. I go to the tuner Friday and he logs some data, sees some other issues with the tune (thank God, cause I was not happy with the ET's after the tune) and he notices the converter ain't locking up even when commanded with his software or with the GM Tech2. He said the code is probably setting because of the converter not locking. He made some changes to the tune and advised me to call Dave at Yank on Monday about the converter. Over the weekend the code never reset and I have noticed at times it will lock but if I touch the brake pedal to disengage it, it won't lock back. Keep in mind the TBTC locked fine with no problems. I know it is possible the seal got nicked installing the converter but usually they at least try to lock when that happens.

When my Yank exploded, the first symptoms was that I had erratic lock/unlock however never threw a code. After about 2k miles, it wouldn't lock at all and finally disintegrated plugging up my tranny filter and starving the tranny of oil and burning it up. Not fun.

I am not saying yours is failing but just be cognizant of your converters behavior to possibly prevent major damage.

At the very end of my converter's life, I pulled the tranny dipstick and noticed very faint glitter in the fluid. At that time I knew it wasn't good. Keep in mind this was all within 2,000 miles of install. The converter performed well for the first 1000 miles.

Keep us posted.

• 2 weeks later...
When my Yank exploded, the first symptoms was that I had erratic lock/unlock however never threw a code. After about 2k miles, it wouldn't lock at all and finally disintegrated plugging up my tranny filter and starving the tranny of oil and burning it up. Not fun.

I am not saying yours is failing but just be cognizant of your converters behavior to possibly prevent major damage.

At the very end of my converter's life, I pulled the tranny dipstick and noticed very faint glitter in the fluid. At that time I knew it wasn't good. Keep in mind this was all within 2,000 miles of install. The converter performed well for the first 1000 miles.

Keep us posted.

Krambo,

Wow... 11.9's! So you worked it pretty hard, but nothing out of the ordinary, and the TC was built to run under those conditions.

What did Yank do to make it right? The reason I ask is that I just got a Yank TC, and was wondering how the customer service is?

Bad Dad

Krambo,

Wow... 11.9's! So you worked it pretty hard, but nothing out of the ordinary, and the TC was built to run under those conditions.

What did Yank do to make it right? The reason I ask is that I just got a Yank TC, and was wondering how the customer service is?

Bad Dad

I never informed Yank. Last time I asked them questions about their converter, they blew me off. MANY people say the TT2600 was not built to handle a 5500lb AWD truck doing 500HP to the wheels and the SC modle was a more appropriate choice. I agree.

I know of a couple others that have done the same thing to their TT converters. I don't feel that they actually have the ability to lock up under the load I mentioned at WOT and slip into lock causing alot of heat and wear.

I did have a 3000TT for a while and it held up pretty well but nothing compared to the Vig I have now.