Projector Halo HIDs

While my truck is in the body shop from my accident (which, btw, the state is pressing charges against the drunk driver for , go taxachusetts :thumbs: ), I'm having the body shop hook me up with a ram air hood, chrome grille, and new headlights... I remember reading somewhere that Projectors and HID kits don't mix because somehow the halos get screwed up... I searched the site but I couldn't find anything definative... Does anyone have a Projector Halo setup (like JDM's) mated with nice HID kit?

i don't have the aftermarket projectors, instead i have the real denali ones and hid's and they work fine

I didn't think that those would work with the '03 SS headlight setup??

I didn't think that those would work with the '03 SS headlight setup??

you're they don't i was just saying that the silverado halos should be no different as far an hid conversion is concerned

That's what I thought... I just wanted to make sure nobody has found a good quality combination that works....

thanks everyone, looks like I'm sticking to the stock housings!... anyone want to clear some headlight corners for me?

That's what I thought... I just wanted to make sure nobody has found a good quality combination that works....

thanks everyone, looks like I'm sticking to the stock housings!... anyone want to clear some headlight corners for me?

PM Kelly Performance I believe he had a thread recently showing off his and said he would do others I just dont remember how much.

the heat from the hids messes up the halos so either you get the halos and put silverstars in or you keep the factory housings and buy the hid kits

that cant be right, because HIDs run cooler than halogens. so if HIDs would burn the halos then the silverstars would too. i say call the company that makes the projectors and ask them.

that cant be right, because HIDs run cooler than halogens. so if HIDs would burn the halos then the silverstars would too. i say call the company that makes the projectors and ask them.

when i got my headlight housings out of the box to install them there is a warning sticker on them that says no hids because it will mess up the halos

Where does everyone get their Projectors from? JDM?

...I'm going to call someone and see if they can explain why halos and HIDs don't mix...

ebay has them and so does sport truck direct. please call and find out why you cant use HIDs, cause im very interested. ive heard that they mess them up too, but it cant because of the temp. might have something to do wit the light out put and not workin right??? who knows, let us know what happens

hid's run no hotter than stock oem haloggens , they do take alot more power to ignite the bulbs but once they are on they are only like 35 watts. the thing is with projector headlights they often have a plug for your 9006 socket which goes to an h1 type bulb so a h1 hid bulb woul dbe needed to do the conversion . i have done this on a friends 99-02 silverado and the projectors gave off a very nice pattern since it had a metal plate to block of the beam which gave it thast nice flat line on a wall where it was very intense . the bad part was when he hit bumps they would bounce like crazy butit would be a good mod for light output.