thought mustangs were faster?

packjh

On my way home i happen to run a mustang gt older body style convertible. I was wanting to see how the truck compared. He started at my back bumper and i let him get to my front bumper before i mashed the gas. From 80 i reeled him in around 100 from a side by side 75 to 80 roll i pretty much was around him by 90 and well on my way to leaving him behind..... I dont think the guy knew exactly what he was doing behind the wheel. He just had bought the car. He had the dealer tags still on it. I didnt have a tune or a cam last time i tangled with a gt. That guy spun his tires doing 70 and left me in a hurry. Im going to try and get ahold of this guy that just put an undrive pulley on his gt and line em up and see exactly where im at compared to a slightly modded gt.

I totally destroid a new gt at the track last weekend, and everyone I have played with on the street.......

that ford commercial that says there is no competition for the mustangs is very funny....., although I did get to drive a cobra at the track that made me want to sell my truck

We got some real fast ones around here. Careful, they can catch ya by surprise. I think the 95-??? were junk and only rated at 215HP and weighed more than the older 5.0's

The new ones were supposed to haul ass though!

yea this one was an older model im not good with looking at cars and be like this year but definitely weak. I heard the new ones are alot stronger than the the older body style

yea this one was an older model im not good with looking at cars and be like this year but definitely weak. I heard the new ones are alot stronger than the the older body style

they are but you can take em' till about 60-80 w/ a few good mods

• 11 months later...

well as for the new mustang gt. i was leaving a friends house, me and my wife just cruising along at speed limit. when i seen a car coming up fast. the ass past me up slowed way down. i had the cruise set so i passed him once i caught him. he pulled beside me honked his horn so i mashed it and slowly pulled away from around 70. i dont know if the fool couldnt drive or what but i was sure surprized. my truck is stock so i figured i was going to get taken but the tables turned. gotta love chevrolet

I have a GT and when it was stock it wasnt really fast they only pull a high 14 at the track. I have just about everybolt on in mine that actully does something and it only puts down 290 hp at the wheels on the dyno. You really need some type of power adder since your only workin with a 281. So even a modded Gt isnt really that quick

LOL im glad the mustang is kinda fast. any way last friday i broke the motor in the grand prix. so saturday i had to run the wifes 06 GT to help me stay in the points. im running pro class so i have to run between 8.99-6.00 in the 1/8th. the mustang ran 9.01 all day with a 8.99 dial on the window. i made it to 3ed round when i fell asleep at the light. oh well the mustang helped me stay in the points and gave me a chance to get the new motor built. im ready for next weekend now in the grand prix.

My neighbor bought an 06 GT right after I got the SS. He says he would kill me in a race. So now everytime he leaves his house (he lives right across the street) he revs the engine. No mods except JBA cat back exhaust. Sounds pretty mean and seems to be pretty quick. I guess one day when we are on the road I might take him for a run. :confused:

My neighbor bought an 06 GT right after I got the SS. He says he would kill me in a race. So now everytime he leaves his house (he lives right across the street) he revs the engine. No mods except JBA cat back exhaust. Sounds pretty mean and seems to be pretty quick. I guess one day when we are on the road I might take him for a run. :confused:

I'm saying an 06 GT is a pretty quick car. Be prepared for any outcome, it will depend on the driver of course, but even a driver who is a regular kind of guy can get some pretty decent times out of an 06 GT....