boiled peanuts

jon1178

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have heard that if you boil peanuts in salt water it actually makes them salter and is supposed to be extrememly good. Here's a link for you. http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/Boi...nutsHistory.htm

Edited by brobradh77 (see edit history)

cooking them is pretty easy.

INGREDIENTS:

1 1/2 quarts raw uncooked peanuts still in the shell

1/2 cup salt

2 1/2 quarts water

PREPARATION:

Wash Peanuts until water runs clear. Put clean peanuts in crockery pot, add salt and water; stir. Cook, covered, on HIGH for 5 to 7 hours. Add more water, if necessary, to keep peanuts covered.

you can add things sliced canned peppers and crab boil to give it that cajun flavor.

just be ready to become addicted to boiled peanuts if you have never had them before.

if i remember right, when i ate boiled peanuts as a kid they gave me the sh*ts.

i love parched (roasted) peanuts, i soak them in salt water for 24-48 hrs, put them in a window to dry then roast them at 300 for 45-60 minutes

you northern guys dont know what you are missing out on!!! the best kind are the cajun style..

Hey ... Some of us "Yankees" have been around the block a few times .... :jester::D:D:jester: ....

I love them ... The best ones I ever had were in Australia!!!! Don't know what they added to them, but they were great!!!!

Never gave it a thought of using the crock pot to make them ... Hmmmmm might have to do it this coming weekend.

yeah what stupid said,seriously spill the beans on the peanuts.

who you callin stupid dumb dumb???

Thanks for the pointers guys! In all honesty, I never heard of doing that. I've had roasted, but not boiled. Hmm... football season or playoff baseball???