almost done with 03-05 conversion

xlr82sxs

if you all remember, i have an '06 which has the hd looking hood.. we're in the process getting ready to paint the hood today and it'll be finished. 'bout time is all i can say..

661leeg.jpg

52uwh00.jpg

51 looks but no reply :dunno: ......Looks good Brad we can wet sand out your tails tomorrow and hit them with the buffer.

man its starting to come along. Looks good can't wait to see it and maybe I will get to in person. You gonna make it to the GTG on the 22nd?

thanks, i'm pretty happy with the way it looks now with the conversion. about the meet, we'll see what happens within the next few days.. i'm thinking about moving back home to wisconsin soon.

looks good man i see you found a grill

yeah, i found it on ebay really cheap and couldn't pass it up.

Tell me.. Did you have to switch core support and headlights / mounting pads when you did that? I wanted the 03-05 Reflexxions hood but my body shop said there were a lot more differences than just the hood and the grill. Basically the headlights were completely different behind the scenes and that a new support or at least the part where the headlights mount would need to be changed as a result. Got the '06+ Relfexxions hood instead, as you know, just curious..

Tell me.. Did you have to switch core support and headlights / mounting pads when you did that? I wanted the 03-05 Reflexxions hood but my body shop said there were a lot more differences than just the hood and the grill. Basically the headlights were completely different behind the scenes and that a new support or at least the part where the headlights mount would need to be changed as a result. Got the '06+ Relfexxions hood instead, as you know, just curious..

tell your body shop they're morons.. all i changed was the hood and grille. nothing special needed.

xlr82sxs, are those fog lights in your ducts? What kind/brand? Been thinking of adding some there myself and those look pretty nice...

they're factory fogs. they fit perfect without any fabrication.. plug and play basically.

sorry, i wasn't going for the ss look either.. i just wanted to get rid of that chrome gawdy factory bumper.

but, i'm almost positive you'll have to have your pcm programmed for the fog lights. as it is not an option on the sss.

Edited by xlr82sxs (see edit history)

tell your body shop they're morons.. all i changed was the hood and grille. nothing special needed.

That's what I thought too.. now I'm bitter, they better hope I like the '06 Relfexxions hood when I pick it up Wednesday or Thursday.

Is that a StreetScene front bumper cover? I like the look with the fogs. I may have to go the same route. I can't find another front bumper set-up that I like.

Yeah it definately looks good with the fogs and blacked out front end.