Best Way to Take Stock Center Cap Off?

SS Tows Can Am

just find something sturdy to pry it out with. on another note, my chrome center caps are chipping away for some reason. theres little chips all over the chrome paint on 3 of the wheels. its wierd. has this happened to any of you?

Edited by BlackSS04 (see edit history)

The method I use involves prying with a small, plastic tool used to mount tires on bicycle rims.

This tool is 4"-5" long, usually comes in a pack of 3 and is available at most bicycle shops.

That is how I do mine too. Have to take them off every time I go to the track.

just find something sturdy to pry it out with. on another note, my chrome center caps are chipping away for some reason. theres little chips all over the chrome paint on 3 of the wheels. its wierd. has this happened to any of you?

Does it look like someone shot them with a BBgun. If so im having the same problem on my center caps, its just lil pits.

Does it look like someone shot them with a BBgun. If so im having the same problem on my center caps, its just lil pits.

ya man, i think its stones and pebbles hittin them while were driving, or its just that the chrome paint chips away over time and were forced to buy new center caps from gm. i wonder how much they are?

ya man, i think its stones and pebbles hittin them while were driving, or its just that the chrome paint chips away over time and were forced to buy new center caps from gm. i wonder how much they are?

P/N 15116616 it says that it is $295.75 canadian but is probably cheaper down there.

they are expensive, someone jacked one of my caps and I got a new one for like 40 bucks on ebay. You just got to find em.

Would have cost me over $400.00 to replace all 4 from the dealer, (silver painted ones) but the service manager was cool, and I didn't have to pay anything.

You can also use a towel or something underneath/around whatever you are using as prybar...........saves wear and tear on the rim..........

Edited by GetWithIt (see edit history)

Yes, Mine did the same. The truck was still under warranty, and the dealer replaced them no charge.