catastrophic failure

wody

went to volvo lastnight for some parts and saw this. sorry for the crappy pictures but headlights and a camera phone was all i had to work with.

ATT3913994.jpg

ATT3914019.jpg

ATT3914022.jpg

gnarly... I've seen a few worse around the circle track, but thats to be expected. I've heard of some of those older Volvo engines throwing rod's through the block. We had a CAT motor throw a rod and blew the starter out onto the highway while driving a few years back. :eek:

GEEZ THATS NUTS!!! ive seen worse too though. back when i was in highschool some idiot was reving up his fixed up supra to try and impress some chick and one of the pistons shot straight through the block and dented the hood from the inside. it was insane

you see a lot worse on smaller engines, this is probably the worse i've seen on a large diesel. the next time i have the oil pan off of a detroit or other i'll snap some pictures to show you the size of the main and cap bolts (huge)