Replacing the Stock Bose amp for an aftermarket...

Is this easy to do?? I have done my fare share of car audio... But on all older car's none with the integrated bose shiot... I want to install a after market amp for the new door speakers im getting and get rid of the stock bose amp...But keep the stock HU with 6 disk... How do you do this??

The bose unit is designed to work as a system. Do a search you will find a multitude of information on this topic. If you are going to replace the amp, you also need to replace the speakers, and if you are keeping the stock HU you will need a factory interface like the kenwood KOS-V1000, or an LOC to get a signal from the old bose harness to the new amp.

The search button is your very bestest friend right now.

The bose unit is designed to work as a system. Do a search you will find a multitude of information on this topic. If you are going to replace the amp, you also need to replace the speakers, and if you are keeping the stock HU you will need a factory interface like the kenwood KOS-V1000, or an LOC to get a signal from the old bose harness to the new amp.

The search button is your very bestest friend right now.

You can do the above to keep the factory HU but I would recommend changing to a after market HU unit. I installed a Kenwood double din with USB capabilities and love it! Sound quality is much better then the stock units. JMO

You can do the above to keep the factory HU but I would recommend changing to a after market HU unit. I installed a Kenwood double din with USB capabilities and love it! Sound quality is much better then the stock units. JMO

I thought about that too... I do have a nice Pioneer Premier HU Sitting in a box in my garage I could use... What adapter Do I need to make all the functions work?? Steering wheel controls... Chimes ect... I do not have On Star on my truck though. And Like I said in my first Post I am getting new speakers getting rid of the bose ones...