Amp Rack/Board

To everyone who mounted their Amp(s) behind the seat on the rear wall, I want to do this and make it look nice and neat, but I'm obviously not going to drill them in thru the rear wall... I was curious where everyone who did this got their amp board from? Is it something you bought? Or did you just cut a piece of MDF or something to fit behind the seat... If that's the case, how is it secured? And how much space do you have behind it to run wires?

I'm just trying to think of a nice solution to make everything look nice and neat and clean, with next to no wires showing... Let me know what's possible please...

you must have done the fold down mod on your seat. I just mounted mine directly to the wall because to see it you have to take the seat completely out unless you can fold yours down. IMO like in my case just mount it to the wall because no one will ever see it.

you must have done the fold down mod on your seat. I just mounted mine directly to the wall because to see it you have to take the seat completely out unless you can fold yours down. IMO like in my case just mount it to the wall because no one will ever see it.

I don't want to mount it to the wall because I don't want the screws sticking out the other side of the metal, and I'd rather not destroy the integrity of that part of the truck... I just think that drilling holes there would be an invitation for rust and other problems...

I don't mind to the rear seat fold down mod, but for the install I'd have the rear seat out anyways... So it doesn't matter much to me...

If you dont want to drill holes in your truck. You can make an amp rack that bolts to the bottom of the backseat bracket. The seat will hold the top side of the amps in place, but they will get hot quicker with no air for ventilation.

1/4 mdf glued to the rear wall. Then get tiny screws and mount where the grooves on the panel is. Should work perfect.

Sounds like a plan!

Anyone have a good idea of where to get vinyl that matches our charcoal interiors?

Do a search under my username in the audio section and you should find a thread where I mounted my amps to the back wall without drilling. I was in the same boat as you and didn't want to drill into the rear wall.

Do a search under my username in the audio section and you should find a thread where I mounted my amps to the back wall without drilling. I was in the same boat as you and didn't want to drill into the rear wall.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...&hl=r8rs4lf

Jeff

Wooo Wooo Wooo, I mount my Amps to an amp rack i made from a sheet of 14 gauge sheet metal. I had it bent so the bottom was held in place by the seatbelt anchors and the top went all the way up to the back wall support where I used self tapping screws top hold it. This did not go through the cab. The metal rack acts like a heat sink also, I have never had my amps overheat. I have not done the seat folding trick but I plan to. Plus I dynomated the back of the cab and used small bolts to hold the amps up in place. You can paint the rack and make it look awesome but I didn't have time and nobody seen it anyway. I'll have to post pictures when I get home.

The amp rack I made was really easy to make. If you don't have the tools like I did, just ask somebody that has a brake, it might need to be a hydralic one depending on thickness and width. It took me about twenty minutes to make one. When I do it for my new truck I'l probably drill and tap my holes for the amp and come from the back side and tac them in place and use locking nuts even though not needed. There is plenty of airflow because the cab vents are on either side of the back wall. I think I'll paint it this time too and hide my wires so you'd have to take the seat out completly to see them. On my last truck you couldn't until you lifted the seat up and moved the box. I will post pictures when I get home, but until then, try it.

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty simple really all i did was cut some plywood to the right size to fit snugly behind my seat. Then i covered it in carpet. No Gluing/drilling required. Makes it very simple to tak in and out.

BTW as soon as i get some more carpet ill be covering all of that insulation.

post-11006-1182736686_thumb.jpg

Edited by smoke03 (see edit history)